Home

NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #41
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Road To Glory Q&A with Alex Howell (TGT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Commentary doesnt say my last name, which really sucks. Well, they will say my last name but i would have to spell it differently. Thats a big reason why commentary doesnt really mean **** to me.
I was actually really surprised they had my last name, even back in 08. I've never met anyone who's had the same last name, or anyone who's known anyone with the same last name. Not only that, but 95% of the time, most people can't even spell it out, or pronounce it right.

The thing is that, it seems like the announcers(actually only Nessler who even says last names) rarely ever even says last names. So it wouldn't be to much of a issue with me, even if they didn't have it. Hell, the PA announcer says last names at least twice as often as Nessler does.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I was actually really surprised they had my last name, even back in 08. I've never met anyone who's had the same last name, or anyone who's known anyone with the same last name. Not only that, but 95% of the time, most people can't even spell it out, or pronounce it right.

The thing is that, it seems like the announcers(actually only Nessler who even says last names) rarely ever even says last names. So it wouldn't be to much of a issue with me, even if they didn't have it. Hell, the PA announcer says last names at least twice as often as Nessler does.
PA announcer says your last name after every play if you are involved in it. Wheather you are running the ball or making the tackle. Sometimes i do spell my name wrong on purpose just to get that satisfaction.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
PA announcer says your last name after every play if you are involved in it. Wheather you are running the ball or making the tackle. Sometimes i do spell my name wrong on purpose just to get that satisfaction.
I started using generic last names a while ago. I thought when they had a last name entrys a few years ago I thought I had a chance, But I dont care. I dont ever try to recreate my self. I create fictional characters with a fictional bios.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Great news. As stale as it is, the commentary helps the immersion factor considerably for me.
The same way I feel. It might actually be a better experience since there is only 5 mins so I dont have to hear the same thing over and over
Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

The whole idea of RTG is to emulate the gameday experience of a player. You're on the field, not watching on TV, so I don't get wanting commentary for this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
The whole idea of RTG is to emulate the gameday experience of a player. You're on the field, not watching on TV, so I don't get wanting commentary for this mode.
Mainly because there isnt no player chatter or coach chatter. If there was player and coach chatter, then I wouldnt want commentary. But it is so dull without.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
If that was what they're going for then they should take out all of the replays and ESPN presentation.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #48
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14
"RTG has always had a couple of great features that stood out from the rest of the game, such as quick 15 minute games"

This frustrates me a bit. I get it... perhaps they're gearing this mode towards people that don't really want to immerse themselves in a dynasty and are just playing arcade style... but it hurts my ability to dive into the mode. When I sit down for a couple hours, and can blow through half a season - I don't really have to work to make my player good.

The new changes in coach trust and position battles could help keep my interest, but realistic stats while playing linebacker would be amazing... Not 2 tackles, 1 sack = 4 star performance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »