Home

Polls in NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Polls in NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Rookie

mbhammer0307's Arena

OVR: 0
Polls in NCAA 12?

Has anything been mentioned about the logic of the polls in NCAA 12. Almost every season I would drop in the polls without a loss in 11. I am hoping something was done about this in the new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Polls in NCAA 12?

Agreed I would win the national championship and end up starting at #24 the next year. Didn't make much sense to me.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag5115
Agreed I would win the national championship and end up starting at #24 the next year. Didn't make much sense to me.
I don't know your particulars but this isn't all that unrealistic. Auburn will be in most peoples 18-30 this year? I don't think it should be the norm but if you lose your star players from a NC team?

In regards to the poll logic it does need work, but also teams do drop after staying unbeaten. Happened multiple times last year. But I do agree it is broken a little in game where you could be 8-0 beat a top 10 team and fall behind another 8-0 team who beat a Sun Belt opponent or such.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I think that it is as good as it can get imo. It is trying to mimick an already imperfect and flawed system.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Rookie

mbhammer0307's Arena

OVR: 0

I was talking more along the lines of Schumj. I started out one year #1 with Texas A&M, finished the year undefeated with a fairly tough schedule and ended the season ranked #4 or 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

What I've always wanted to know is if they have the legit computers, or since the computers won't realize their programs to the public, why would they give them to EA (aside from Colley)? Although it doesn't match real life, I think if the computer rankings are legitimate, weigh those more. The human polls are too erratic. Some things it does make no sense what-so-ever. Keep them in, but turn down the 50% weight on the Coach's and Harris. But if the computer rankings are some made up EA ranking, then it makes no difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »