Home

Did they fix polling Logic?

This is a discussion on Did they fix polling Logic? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #9
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Did they fix polling Logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
i personally have never experienced the crazy polls like that. I see no reason to fix them because well, the polls are flawed in real life too.
There is a logic to the human polls. There is no real logic to the polls on this video game. I won 3 straight national championships at one point with Michigan State yet they would never rank me pre-season top 3 even when I had a boatload of players returning.

And even though I scheduled all ranked OOC games, I could never get to being the number 1 ranked team. I'd be 12-0 heading into the title game and ranked 2 after beating the most ranked teams in the country while my opponent was ranked number 1 and 12-1 or something like that. It's like the polls don't properly reward you for having stars on your team and having quality wins. That's unrealistic and would never happen in real life. The logic for polls in this game has been broken and in need of a restructure for a long time.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #10
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

And let us vote in the coach's poll I may add. Other than that, I think you covered it Dorian.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

What I've always wanted to know is if they have the legit computers, or since the computers won't realize their programs to the public, why would they give them to EA (aside from Colley)? Although it doesn't match real life, I think if the computer rankings are legitimate, weigh those more. The human polls are too erratic. Some things it does make no sense what-so-ever. Keep them in, but turn down the 50% weight on the Coach's and Harris. But if the computer rankings are some made up EA ranking, then it makes no difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #12
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

I've experienced this very same thing in almost every year of my Mizzou dynasty. I customize the schedule to include a combination of Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, USC, Penn State etc. just to make sure those teams are not undefeated. Despite beating these teams early in the season, I don't reach #1 in the polls until Week 4 and then lose ground once I start playing my conference schedule. Boise State, Oregon, etc jump ahead even when I beat Nebraska, Texas and/or Oklahoma. It's a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »