Home

Just took a trip way back.

This is a discussion on Just took a trip way back. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Just took a trip way back.

Memories...........

I remember in Chicago back in the 90s they had this place called Funco Land. They too got bought out by Game Stop in the lalte 90s.

I had Bill Walsh College Football. Sigh......however my cousins and friends never was into college football. They were only into Madden and NBA Live, with sometimes College Basketball.

But I remember on the weekends I use stay up late playing college football games. I use to be really deep into dynasty back then because it was fun.

For me 2004 and 2006 was the best years for College football. CPU use to be a beast to contain their scramble QBs and their option offense.

I use to hate playing against West VA when they had had Pat White and Slanton. Or playing against Penn St when they had Marcus Robinson and Curtis Enis.

CPU use to kill me.

Now........CPU is a joke. Can't run for crap. Don't scramble. Option teams are weak and so are spread teams. Hell even air raid teams are a joke nowadays.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Back then, I didn't own a pc yet, and I didn't have online access.

Amazingly, I don't remember finding half the bugs and glitches as I do today.........just played til my fingers bled.(Quoting Bryan Adams...)

Weird, isn't it? Now, I find myself looking for problems that others have found and posted about instead of just enjoying the game for what it is.

Hmmm...........thinking of maybe just staying away from the internet from now on and seeing if I can bring back the joys of gaming rather than turn into a critic...
dude, that's all i do. enjoy the games for what they are. yeah there are some issues, but if you are just enjoying the game, it doesn't matter. i tend to disengage from those discussions that get all into the nitpicky stuff. i've seen where games have come from (tecmo bowl, 10 yard fight early madden, etc.).
and for the stores, never heard of babbage. we hit up funcoland and eb. during the summers, we used to spend a few hours in funcoland just sluggin it out in whatever games they'd let us play. good times.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #19
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
You might be right about babbage's, if only I could find that receipt.
I was doing a little research for you guys and I've found that some Babbage's started turning into EB Games/GameStops around 1994. Now there weren't many Gamestops but Babbage's started to go out of business, which had been around since 1984. Around the 1996 times, Babbage's started to close all together but Barnes and Nobles ended up buying them out to keep the a float and within years, GameStop/EB Games gained enough that they were able to finally split back off into their own stores instead of being parts of Barnes and Nobles.

But like someone said, the best part was definitely the ability to change the setup to a playoff.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfan10
You guys are not old. Bill Walsh College Football came out in 1993 fall of my sophomore year. We used to play in the fraternity house using the 4 way play adapter (http://www.estarland.com/product14524.html). My friends and I still discuss the battles we used to have. Good times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Walsh_College_Football_(1994)

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
dude, that's all i do. enjoy the games for what they are. yeah there are some issues, but if you are just enjoying the game, it doesn't matter. i tend to disengage from those discussions that get all into the nitpicky stuff. i've seen where games have come from (tecmo bowl, 10 yard fight early madden, etc.).
and for the stores, never heard of babbage. we hit up funcoland and eb. during the summers, we used to spend a few hours in funcoland just sluggin it out in whatever games they'd let us play. good times.
And that's the thing. I too came from a generation (Atari 2600) that with todays games I am in heaven. Young gamers have no clue how good they have it out of the gate.

I enjoy the games big time. Pure entertainment and stress relief.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

For purely nostalgic reasons NCAA '98 is my favorite ncaa game of all time. I think it's just the simplicity of it that made it so much fun.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #23
Rookie

Ronnie01's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfan10
You guys are not old. Bill Walsh College Football came out in 1993 fall of my sophomore year. We used to play in the fraternity house using the 4 way play adapter (http://www.estarland.com/product14524.html). My friends and I still discuss the battles we used to have. Good times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Walsh_College_Football_(1994)

I use to play that crap out of that too. Great times
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Our Software Etc... turned into Gamestop...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »