Home

Recruiting Logic/Tips

This is a discussion on Recruiting Logic/Tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Logic/Tips

the secret to my recruiting is simple. just go to find prospects, and look for recruits who have you in their top 3, and pick top ones depending on needs and talent. (ex. if i am Oregon, and i go to recruits with me in their top 3, i will target the 5 star prospects and also many 4 stars.) After that, i go to players with me #1 and take the top ones from there. Depending on your prestige level and prospects interest in your school, i usually have around 25-30 targeted at that time. then prospects with me in their top 5. fill it up to 35. First week recruiting, spend only 10 or 20 min on the phone with players that have you #1 and 20 or 30 with others, because a 10 min phone call with a scholarship offer may be all it takes for a big time commitment.

Or you can take the other route and just look at the rivals 100 and if your a good team, target 35 of the interested ones in your school.

*****try out the first one and let me know if you have as much success with it as i have, i think its the best possible way of recruiting.*****

Last edited by TheU1994; 06-22-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #18
Rookie

BeaverBeliever97267's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsooie3
So you would rather walk on than go scholarship to a team that actually wants you?
In a sense...yeah.

I mean it is hard to beleive that a kid wouldn't take a scholarship to Michigan and walk on at Eastern Michigan. But I always just chaulked that up to "he wanted to go there more." Most of the time if that happens, that school was the #1 on his board all along...and usually started out way ahead of everyone else.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBeliever97267
In a sense...yeah.

I mean it is hard to beleive that a kid wouldn't take a scholarship to Michigan and walk on at Eastern Michigan. But I always just chaulked that up to "he wanted to go there more." Most of the time if that happens, that school was the #1 on his board all along...and usually started out way ahead of everyone else.
That's very true. I guess I'm understanding it a little better but I guess I should expect the unexpected when it comes to recruiting.

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Old 06-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #20
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

Was just wondering and couldnt seem to find the answer but does anyone know how long dynasty mode is? i've never played it all the way through before
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM938
Was just wondering and couldnt seem to find the answer but does anyone know how long dynasty mode is? i've never played it all the way through before
last i checked it was 30 seasons. anyone concur?

XBL - ProgektMayhem
PSN - ProgektMayhem

Yell at me on twitter @ProgektMayhem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #22
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by progektmayhem
last i checked it was 30 seasons. anyone concur?
That doesn't seem like a like of years considering the new Coaching Carousel. They should up the years to 45-50 in my eyes.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

i tend to keep my board at 18-20 players. if you think about it the top 12-15 are the ones who will actually see the field during their time at your school. i.e. i'm not worried about having a stud #6 wide receiver. Also go get guys who have you in their top 3 schools EARLY b/c you WILL fall if you don't reach out to them. And know when to give up on a kid, no sense wasting 50-60 minutes a week on a 5* player who has you #9 on their list of top schools.

XBL - ProgektMayhem
PSN - ProgektMayhem

Yell at me on twitter @ProgektMayhem
Old 06-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

For a one star school, It is very difficult to recruit. I am glad that now with the CC, I won't feel guilty not recruiting when I am a OC. I don't plan on doing my own recruiting until I am a Head Coach, and by then I should be at a 3, 4 star school hopefully. I just find it extremely difficult to recruit when you're a one star, two star school.

I hope there are a lot of opertunites to pick either a Small time HC job or a big time OC school. I like the idea of focusing on one side of the ball, until I can get a job at a good Program Head Coaching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »