Home

My QB will PLAY five years!

This is a discussion on My QB will PLAY five years! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2003, 04:49 PM   #9
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: My QB will PLAY five years!

Quote:

Bigfish said:
oukast,

It's a glitch, something EA must have missed.

Taken form the official NCAA rules regarding eligibility:

"The term "redshirt" is used to describe a student-athlete who does not participate in competition in a sport for an entire academic year...It does not matter how long you were involved in a particular competition (for example, one play in a football game, one point in a volleyball match)..."

Just to let you know, you can play up to a certain amount of time different per sport, until you lose the ability to red shirt. Also on a side note, my GF set my schools all time career assist record last night 5 matches into the season. Go Lady Reds
Old 09-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Players can get a MEDICAL HARDSHIP if they are injured in the first couple games and are out for the season. There's a percentage that determines how many games you can play in before being injured ... something like 25% of the total regular season games. Schools have to petition the NCAA to apply for a medical hardship.

The NCAA is cracking down on allowing medical hardships.

A medical hardship is different from a redshirt. In a redshirt if a player plays ONE play, he can't get that year back.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Yeah, in my Online Dynasty my friend burned his Qb's redshirt, but the next year the same player was a Freshman All-American and still a Freshman in year 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #12
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

been like this since 09. we even had a rule in 09 OD about it. i forget the exact thing that makes it do it now but we would always see it with rb's.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #13
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
been like this since 09. we even had a rule in 09 OD about it. i forget the exact thing that makes it do it now but we would always see it with rb's.
Well if you look at the dates on the first 10 posts of this thread, you'll see it's been like this since 03!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
AMB
Banned

AMB's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Well if you look at the dates on the first 10 posts of this thread, you'll see it's been like this since 03!
LOL Wow I never noticed good call there. I feel like I just went back in time now!!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Players can get a MEDICAL HARDSHIP if they are injured in the first couple games and are out for the season. There's a percentage that determines how many games you can play in before being injured ... something like 25% of the total regular season games. Schools have to petition the NCAA to apply for a medical hardship.

The NCAA is cracking down on allowing medical hardships.

A medical hardship is different from a redshirt. In a redshirt if a player plays ONE play, he can't get that year back.

Yeah Jarvis with Kent State is one of those. Missed almost two complete seasons due to injuries. They gave him another year of eligibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »