Home

Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #41
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/...-training.html

It is right there. It says in the description that it is great for helping a lower prestige team train like a higher prestige team. If lower star teams trained equally to higher star teams then there would be no reason for that boost right?
I see that, but like I said, in 20+ seasons of the playing the game I personally have not seen a difference in training results between a 6 star and a 3 star. The boost is only to gain an advantage over other players that don't use it.

I'll put it to test tomorrow and tell you what I see to end this debate.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #42
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
I see that, but like I said, in 20+ seasons of the playing the game I personally have not seen a difference in training results between a 6 star and a 3 star. The boost is only to gain an advantage over other players that don't use it.

I'll put it to test tomorrow and tell you what I see to end this debate.
No...it is right there in the writing. It is to give lower prestige teams the chance to train like high prestige teams. It is very clear. Every single time I have a 6* team I see a very evident difference in the over all training increases to that of when the team was say....four stars. I am sorry if you dont actually take a look individually at all the training increases of your players but I do....every off season and I most definitely have noticed the difference.

You asked for proof beyond my opinion and I have given you such.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:04 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
Their D is going to be a lot better this year. Nix, as long as he can show some kind of stamina, should be a force on that line along with Lewis-Moore and Johnson. Not to mention you have Lynch that will likely spell them. Now if I am wrong someone please correct me on Tuitt being a RS this season, but that would have been sick to have both Tuitt and Lynch spelling Lewis-Moore and Johnson.

Also I read in an article this past week that CB Gray is being looked at as a darkhorse for All-American honors.

As for best WR's in the country, I don't think I would go that far. You could make that case with Floyd in the mix, but if he is not then they are not. Very Deep though at the position, but they don't measure up to Arkansas' WR core.
I was talking about Floyd not the entire group. While I think Riddick and Jones could be great down the road they are still raw. As for Tuitt it's hard to say if he will redshirt. Freshmen haven't shown up on campus yet so who knows how he is going to perform in training camp. Johnson has been a letdown IMO so having Lynch, Nix, and Lewis-Moore should do some damage. This season should have the best Def since the 02 squad with Walton, Duff, Watson, ect.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #44
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Completely agree with the point that teams like Army and Navy can continue as Independents. Their programs are more about pride then they are about titles and top 25 rankings. Probably wont see them joining a conference at all until maybe at the end of the conference swapping rush that is coming sooner or later.

Some conferences will be looking for a gimmick to give them that little boost that they will be needing after getting the downside of the conference jumping. Bringing in Army and Navy to the conference would be such a move. You can always bank on patriotism to fill seats of stadiums that otherwise might never fill fully.

As far as BYU goes, I still do not understand the Independent move. Ok so you think the MWC lost it's mojo. Go join the WAC then. The only upside to going Independent that I can see is that they are not tied into any agreement with the WAC or MWC and should there be a flurry of movement, they might find themselves with an invite to join the PAC in a hurry.

Only other reason I can think of is to take advantage of independent scheduling to try and pick and choose which MWC and WAC teams they play as well as perhaps a few PAC teams. It may work out for them in the end but that could go really well some years and it could go horribly wrong in other years. It just depends on what agreements they can get on paper as far as scheduling goes.
I feel Notre Dame will stay independent as long as they see fit, and will be able to walk into just about any conference they choose if they feel that is the best fit for them. BYU I feel is an entirely different situation considering they had to do something to match the momentum now going for Utah with it's ascension to AQ status. At the very least BYU should get better exposure and get to keep more revenue by going independent and not having to use the terrible MWC network.

BYU won't find itself with an invite to the PAC. I am willing to bet the PAC would take Utah State over BYU if they had to choose, and Utah State would only happen if the university really improved itself. The PAC also won't take BSU either because of the lack of consistent quality sports in anything other than football.

* The presidents and chancellors of the secular Pac-10 schools are wary of joining forces with a church-affiliated school (any church-affiliated school).

* As it moves forward, the Pac-10 wants to increase its scheduling flexibility to provide more broadcast opportunities for networks. BYU would decrease flexibility because it doesn’t play on Sundays.

* The potential TV revenue generated by BYU’s national appeal is not enough to overcome the above concerns — it’s not like BYU is Notre Dame.

(Part of BYU’s national subscriber base, remember, already falls within the Pac-10 TV footprint.)

* The Pac-10 coaches and athletic directors aren’t interested in sending their 18 years olds up against BYU’s post-Mission 25 year olds.

* BYU does not meet the Pac-10’s academic standards — it’s not a major research university.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #45
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balrog
Hate much..
that wasnt hate that was fact. ND is nothin. they are afraid of a real conference because they would be 6-6 every year and not be able to schedule the service academies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 01:35 AM   #46
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
I feel Notre Dame will stay independent as long as they see fit, and will be able to walk into just about any conference they choose if they feel that is the best fit for them. BYU I feel is an entirely different situation considering they had to do something to match the momentum now going for Utah with it's ascension to AQ status. At the very least BYU should get better exposure and get to keep more revenue by going independent and not having to use the terrible MWC network.

BYU won't find itself with an invite to the PAC. I am willing to bet the PAC would take Utah State over BYU if they had to choose, and Utah State would only happen if the university really improved itself. The PAC also won't take BSU either because of the lack of consistent quality sports in anything other than football.

* The presidents and chancellors of the secular Pac-10 schools are wary of joining forces with a church-affiliated school (any church-affiliated school).

* As it moves forward, the Pac-10 wants to increase its scheduling flexibility to provide more broadcast opportunities for networks. BYU would decrease flexibility because it doesn’t play on Sundays.

* The potential TV revenue generated by BYU’s national appeal is not enough to overcome the above concerns — it’s not like BYU is Notre Dame.

(Part of BYU’s national subscriber base, remember, already falls within the Pac-10 TV footprint.)

* The Pac-10 coaches and athletic directors aren’t interested in sending their 18 years olds up against BYU’s post-Mission 25 year olds.

* BYU does not meet the Pac-10’s academic standards — it’s not a major research university.
My views on ole ND are pretty firm but you certainly know your stuff about BYU.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #47
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

You asked for proof beyond my opinion and I have given you such.
and here is my proof:
I simmed through a season each as S.Car a 3 star program and ND a 6 star program.

The majority of recruits progressed 3 points for both teams.

ND had 2 players go +6, 7 go +5, and 14 go +4
S.Car had 4 players go +5, and 13 players go +4.

Besides the whole 2 players on a roster of 70, the numbers were pretty even. I know it will differ each time, but this is what I have seen in '11. I used 2 teams that would likely have equal outcomes by simming the season. Of course the more playing time a player gets and their stats along with their overall record do play into their progression. If prestige is a factor in progression is is extremely minute.

Last edited by IIx Nautica xII; 06-23-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampiro
Because ND won their last four games over Utah, Army, USC, and Miami. The defense actually showed up and played like a top 10 defense in the last four games. ND has 19 returning starters coming back, and they are in year 2 of Coach Kelly's system. Athlon sports actually has ND ranked #6 which I think is way to high.

ND IMO has of the best WR in the country and an excellent kicker. It should be a very interesting season, and I think ND should be ranked in the preseason top 20.
Utah-slumped mightily after they got shellacked by TCU. Army-well c'mon it's Army. USC-had a down year, but I'll give u it's a quality win. Miami-was downright terrible with Jacory Harris at QB.

Also, u know ur reaching for things to look forward to in your team when ur bragging about ur kicker, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »