Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #25
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
If it wasn't that hard to do, I believe it would be done by now.
I don't know much about developing games (Very little), but I think ball size should be easy to fix. Honestly, from these pictures it looks bigger than last year.

Still, I'm excited for the game.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #26
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I don't know much about developing games (Very little), but I think ball size should be easy to fix.
Honestly, if it was easy to fix without any consequences, do you really think they wouldn't have gone ahead and done it?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #27
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I don't know much about developing games (Very little), but I think ball size should be easy to fix. Honestly, from these pictures it looks bigger than last year.

Still, I'm excited for the game.

They've talked about this before. They said that the animations were created for that ball or something and that if they made the ball smaller it would look funny like they weren't even touching the ball. So they would have to recreate the animations. Now I don't know all the specifics but that was their excuse, I have NO IDEA how easy this would be to fix but honestly if I were EA I would try and fix it soon, it seems kind of embarassing to not get the size of the ball right. Imagine if MLB the Show used a softball sized ball, or if NBA 2k's ball was the size of a watermelon. Honestly the ball looks closer to a rugby ball than a football.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #28
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Maybe I miss understood but didn't Madden correct the ball size this year? I thought I read that so I would think that if NCAA hasn't already corrected it, they will for '13'. But yes, it is obviously way too large in that pic!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

They've said countless times the animations were built with the current size of the ball. That means players catch the ball with their hands in position to receive the ball as big as it is, they hold their arms in positions to fit the ball in between their arms and body with the ball, QB's have their hands gripping this particular sized ball, etc.

If we were to see them reduce the ball size like Madden, we'd also see the animation problems from Madden. Go watch Madden 12 footage and focus on where the ball is making contact with the players. There is a little "force field" between the ball and the player's body and is ugly. In the video with Eli Manning showing off the new DPP, you can clearly see the ball is at least an inch from his hands when he is holding it.

Of course, that isn't all too noticeable when actually playing, but I guess the NCAA team does not want that to be the case though, They're fine with the ball actually touching the players and being too big instead of it being the correct size, but never really touching the player at all and kind of floating.

I would prefer they go the Madden route because I would never notice it outside of the replay, but I understand if they don't want to do that.

― Plato
Old 06-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #30
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
They've said countless times the animations were built with the current size of the ball. That means players catch the ball with their hands in position to receive the ball as big as it is, they hold their arms in positions to fit the ball in between their arms and body with the ball, QB's have their hands gripping this particular sized ball, etc.

If we were to see them reduce the ball size like Madden, we'd also see the animation problems from Madden. Go watch Madden 12 footage and focus on where the ball is making contact with the players. There is a little "force field" between the ball and the player's body and is ugly. In the video with Eli Manning showing off the new DPP, you can clearly see the ball is at least an inch from his hands when he is holding it.

Of course, that isn't all too noticeable when actually playing, but I guess the NCAA team does not want that to be the case though, They're fine with the ball actually touching the players and being too big instead of it being the correct size, but never really touching the player at all and kind of floating.

I would prefer they go the Madden route because I would never notice it outside of the replay, but I understand if they don't want to do that.

Here's my question, what kind of ball did they use when they created the animations? That's what I don't get.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #31
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Here's my question, what kind of ball did they use when they created the animations? That's what I don't get.
The ball is scaled to the ridiculously oversized and poorly proportioned player models used in NCAA 07 (360).

Last edited by coogrfan; 06-24-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickm10
they should add braids short dreads and long hair,primary shoe color change mouthpieces eyepaint tattoes dynasty disciplin and spring games and cbs in abc. that will get all of us to buy this game.it will be worth the money
What do things like dynasty discipline or spring games have to do with demo screenshots?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »