Home

NCAA Football 12 Highlight Videos (News Courtesy of PastaPadre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Highlight Videos (News Courtesy of PastaPadre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:57 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Highlight Videos (News Courtesy of PastaPadre)

What about the td celebrations? All they do is nonchalantly throw the ball on the ground??wtf?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 04:28 AM   #66
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

In the Big XII video from 2:24 - 2:37, does EA seriously think people actually run like that? Man, that gives the game such an unnatural look when people can weave back and forth that quickly without losing any speed or having to plant their feet when they turn. This is why players don't feel like they have any real weight or momentum to them.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
That's why I hate special teams in 11... It's like they spent all of five minutes on it...

Great game, and I'm actually taking a break from playing it right now, but ST is the one part of the game that just frustrates me...
Especially when ST is such a huge part of the college game (there are a ton of blocked punts and kicks in real life, a handful every weekend but virtually none on the game. No possible way to consistently return punts effectively like they do in real life). You'd think they'd spend a little more time on it and make it mirror real life at least a little bit, but no.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #68
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

EA really needs to work on the sliding and skating on defense. It seems like once the ball is snapped everyone in the back level start sliding around like air hockey. Watch the SEC clips with Bama & FLA, you can clearly see it in those vids especially the Kirkpatrick INT. Their feet are moving but covering twice as much ground. No foot panting or impact with the playing surface what so ever. Just looks like they're on wheels instead of feet. I just dont get it....Its 2011 & then still cant match the physics in older games.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #69
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

the dreads look absolutely hilarious during gameplay
Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #70
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
the dreads look absolutely hilarious during gameplay
I am making sure nobody on my team ever has dreads.

All you online ranked guys: you are screwed!!! lol

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #71
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

One year, just one year I would kill to be apart of operation sports during the release of a football game and have 99% of the community be excited. People are crying foul over highlight videos? Highlight videos that are supposed to show off highlights?

Complaining about how the defense is getting beat and that the runningbacks are breaking tackles? That's how it works in highlights. Did anyone not notice the defensive highlights where teams were getting interceptions and big hits?

On the topic of scrambling qbs and spread teams running, how do we know these highlights werent from user vs. User games? We are always so quick to make assumptions about things we only end up disappointing ourselves. I for one am extremely happy with what I'm seeing, the game looks beautiful, safety play seems to be fixed, tackling looks great and a lot of reliable sources have told us qbs do scramble and they've seen some shotgun spread runs pulled off by the CPU.

I hope I'm not the only one excited for this game, and that all the people complaining that end up buying it enjoy it as much as I will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #72
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2

You have to love OS sometimes. It's like clockwork. During the hype cycle for NCAA, it seems to go: first optimism, then excitement, followed by dread and a ton of whining and complaining. All before even playing the game.

Wahhh people don't have dreads who should! You know you can edit the rosters, right? You know NCAA can't actually use player likenesses too, right?

Wahhh my team's stadium upgrades aren't in! You know how miniscule of a complaint that is?

Wahhh there are no shotgun runs! In the Big 12 video, Texas A&M uses a shotgun run straight up the middle for like 20 yards. Also, keep in mind that those were just highlights from what I would imagine are player-controlled teams.

Everyone who has actually PLAYED the damn game says that QBs scramble now. You see a couple videos and you feel like saying they don't? How is that even logical or possible?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »