Home

Would You Call This AQ Worthy?

This is a discussion on Would You Call This AQ Worthy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #25
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Would You Call This AQ Worthy?

You dont have to have only 6 AQ's. Actually the game has 8 so you can add two more. but in reality the MWC has two of the 3 criteria filled as does the Big East and the ACC. all three will have to appeal next year. ACC and BIG east just to keep their bids and the MWC needs to have two teams to finish in the top 12 BCS standings next year and they will automaticly quilify and be a BCS conference for the next two years after. ACC is tied in their 3rd criteria so if they keep the tie with the MWC in that criteria they wont have to appeal. but don't go thinking the Big East is weak than the ACC. not the case in almost every stat that matters. But the ACC isnt as bad as the big east at the bottom and that avg. is what hurt the big east. The MWC adds boises two bcs games and hawaii's. the lose TCU's and Utah's. so the MWC doesnt lose anything there and the big east needs TCU's bcs game to help them. probably why they scooped up so fast. So right now the MWC, The Big East and ACC are tied. for the 5th 6th and 7th spot. MWC has the biggest hill to climb but no way the ncaa denies MWC even if the don't finish in with two teams in the bcs top 12 of a BCS bid if the Big east and ACC cant outright claim the 5th and 6th spot. But for the purposes of the game you still have 8 invites and on the screen shot of auto qualifiers it had MWC and CUSA. hopefully you can change those to at larges but not sure. No one at EA will answer my damn question. but i can wait. but just to clarify something the 6 conferences that are already BCS AQ's will stay that way till 2013 but the MWC can join those 6 for 2012. also i read a great article that the acc is protected by the orange bowl which will be a BCS bowl game for longer than 2013 and they will always have a ACC school in the game. so ACC is solid no matter. But not the case for the Big East. But they are actually doing very well except for the their bottom barrel teams which is bringing their avg down.

here are the three criteria in case some of you don't know.

1. the number of top 25 teams
2. the average of all conference members in the BCS standings
3. the highest ranked team in the BCS standings

to be a bcs AQ you must be top 6 in all three.
The ACC, Big East and MWC are in the top 6 in two outta three. although the ACC can still be a lock in all three depending on this coming season.

number two hurts the big east and I (in my humble opinion) is why a tenth member was not added this past offseason or this one. What team could they bring in to improve that avg. ? idk who else besides TCU who also brings a BCS game with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #26
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Simply removing New Mexico, Wyoming, and UNLV helps. I might use Tulsa or SMU instead of Utah State or UTEP
I was going to suggest adding Tulsa and Houston in place of Utah State and another team. You'd essentially have a west coast version of the ACC where the best teams would still have 2-3 losses.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #27
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Well if the point of this Dynasty will be a major rebuilding of the MWC and the other conferences will be as is besides some minor replacements for the teams you have pulled to the MWC in this build then yeah I would say in comparison this is a stronger conference then the Big East concerning future bowl wins and records.

Do you want this to be a simulation of the real world though? If so then there is a reason why the Big East wont be losing its AQ status anytime soon and that is all the viewership that it as in its region. This MWC might be able to get AQ status as well based on that roster but I dont think realistically the MWC will ever be able to take the Big East's AQ status.

TCU knows that, thus why they are going to play Big East teams rather then stick around in the MWC that was beginning to bring in some of the teams you are listing.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #28
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Mountain West
West
Hawaii
Boise State
Nevada
San Diego State
Fresno State
Idaho

East
SMU
Brigham Young
TCU
Houston
Rice
Utah

That's what I came up with. It may eliminate the argument.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #29
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Mountain West
West
Hawaii
Boise State
Nevada
San Diego State
Fresno State
Idaho

East
SMU
Brigham Young
TCU
Houston
Rice
Utah

Air Force over Idaho, for sure. Idaho is pretty bad, Air Force has had some good years

Also, no Rice. Colorado State > Rice.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

Last edited by TDenverFan; 06-24-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Mountain West
West
Hawaii
Boise State
Nevada
San Diego State
Fresno State
Idaho

East
SMU
Brigham Young
TCU
Houston
Rice
Utah

So in your conference, you have the Mountain West have a... East division. Ehh....
Old 06-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #31
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

The ACC is 2-11 in BCS bowls....I would take their AQ status
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
The ACC is 2-11 in BCS bowls....I would take their AQ status
Do you really think the teams that are in the ACC are worse then any of the teams in that conference?LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »