Home

What would you edit?

This is a discussion on What would you edit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #17
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What would you edit?

How about ratings matching the player's abillity level??? I'm tired of cpu RBs having 80 break tackle rating routinely break 2-3 tackles on a run. Esp when the guy is 5'9" 175.

Or how about if my safety has a 91 man coverage rating NOT getting juked by a straight-line streak pattern???? It's absurd.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by progektmayhem
size, size, and size. I get so angry when I see a 5* DE interested in my school only to see he is 6'2" 193 lbs.
Ditto....drives me nuts. In NCAA 11 I drafted a RE....6'2" 188....by the time he was a SR...bulkled up to 192 and couldn't play any other position but DE....just stupid.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it would be pretty neat if there was an option in the offseason that let you select the areas you wanted each player to advance in instead of the cpu doing it randomly. Weight gain could be included as an option along with the norms. I would much rather have this option than a "custom entrance" that Im going to be skipping over anyway! lol
Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #20
Rookie

^^^ I agree 100% especially since they left the greatest entrance in college football out (I hope I am wrong).
Old 07-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #21
Rookie

Feel free to post anymore ideas that you have so that maybe we/I can progress all-americans, starters, contributors and even recruits the way (you) feel it should be done. Or any other interesting thoughts that have popped in your head would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #22
Rookie

Tried to edit the above post but had difficulty so forgive me about that.

I am not sure if I could be patient enough or not but I was thinking about finding out how much the drafted(imported) players "drop off" ratings and if they do like I hope, (for example) leave NCAA with an 92 enter Madden as a 92 then I was thinking about making all players at least 85 awr.

AWR

Freshman = 85
Sophomore = 90
Junior = 95
Senior = 99

(With the exception of QBs I thought I read somewhere that there was a number for AWR) But for most if not all skill positions this could be my map.

(lbs = skill rating)
STR
225 = 85
250 = 90
275 = 95
300+=99

AGI

225 = 85
200 = 90
175 = 95
150 = 99

I wouldn't say that I would have this as law but the same as I did with NCAA11 just go through (sort top to bottom) and make sure the John Clays' and Cody Johnsons' of the world don't have a IMHO extremely high 9or even above average) ability to change direction. Hopefully as Playmakers does with his rosters differentiating even more between the scat backs and bruisers.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #23
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

I think this thread proves a wonderful point. Some people would edit players up, some would edit them down, most everyone would play with height/weight, but the constant is that the ability to edit ratings would be used by everyone to create what they believe is a more realistic or more enjoyable experience playing the game. We may not agree on how we would use editing abilities, but that's the point, isn't it? We would all use it.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #24
Rookie

CornfedChris's Arena

OVR: 15

I'd edit everything but the ratings. I feel as if i'm cheating by doing that.

EA should have a team dedicated to getting that stuff as close to realistic as possible. I never use to remember ratings being so far off in the 'old days'...
Go Lions!
Go Red-Wings!

Follow me on Twitter: @ChrisStockton9

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »