Home

Lack of player authenticity hurting NCAA

This is a discussion on Lack of player authenticity hurting NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Lack of player authenticity hurting NCAA

doesn't bother me at all. so many players and teams in ncaa football that they all seem generic to me. i don't start to individualize players until they get to the nfl. obviously exceptions would include reggie bush and cam newton type players. but for the most part, i don't know who those kids are.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #18
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
True, and not all of the players in Madden have the authentic motions, but I do feel like it's time to at least give the generic players some unique qualities (if that makes sense). It's okay, for example, for Jacory Harris to not have his set up and throwing motion. Can he at least have a consistent set up and throw? That would be a good start, IMO.
yeah i think they need "player styles" Not every QB throws the same, not all RB's run the same. Not all WR's make cuts the same. You see what i mean. I think different styles would help the game along with the read option and other shotgun running being fixed.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

the only thing really about authenticity from the college game missing are the different throwing & running motions. When it comes to celebrations and such you really don't know what specific guys in college do as a signature celebration anyways.

So i dont think its player authenticity thats hurting. Its just the fact that they've stuck to 1 throwing & running motion for too long when they should have a few for us to choose from. Its not like they can't hire a guy who just finished college football to do some mo cap work to get that stuff so i don't think the authenticity is essential.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #20
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

To have authenticity in terms of player likeness isnt needed. Like JMU stated, at the end of the first season a lot of JRs and SRs will be gone anyway. In terms of authenticity, what I would like to see is more accurate/realistic heights and weights for players when recruiting. No more 5'10 205lb 5* MLBs. No more 4 & 5* 250 lb OL and DT. If EA is going to continue to put 4 & 5* recruits in the game whose size is waay off from the position they play, then I would like to see these players be able to gain weight along with skills in the offseason. That would make the game much more authentic/realistic IMO.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
The addition of different (generic) styles could go a long way. I hate how every QB throws the same. You don't have to have authentic motions to improve the game. One of the things I like about basketball games is that there are tons of different shooting styles. Why can't the NCAA Football series have different styles for each position?
This would be nice. Having QBs that throw more over the top or drop down, QBs with quick release vs. slow release would add a lot. Creating a few different generic styles would add more personality.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »