Home

Lack of player authenticity hurting NCAA

This is a discussion on Lack of player authenticity hurting NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Lack of player authenticity hurting NCAA

I'll preface this by saying that this is not EA's fault, but it is something I wish could be fixed (you suck, NCAA!((not the game, the organization))).

In looking at videos for Madden compared to NCAA, I really feel like the inability of EA to use authentic players is really starting to hurt the visuals of the game. Madden is really starting to nail the player motions (especially the QBs), and NCAA looks like it's falling behind, by comparison. There are some fixes, like assigning one generic QB release to a QB, and not randomizing the animation (the bent-knee throwing animation kills me), but not being able to really capture in the individual spirit of the NCAA players will continue to hurt this game as it moves even closer to complete college authenticity. I fear that in the next console cycle, Madden will approach an NBA2K level of player authenticity, and the generic nature of NCAA will really be an eyesore.

Anybody else feeling a little wistful after looking at Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Lack of player authenticity hurting NCAA

But if you had player authenticity, you have to remember there are 120+ teams, not just 32. You could get authenticity for some of the top teams, but then everyone who follows the mid-majors would wonder why they are getting shafted and get generic animations because no one took the time/had the space to care about them.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
But if you had player authenticity, you have to remember there are 120+ teams, not just 32. You could get authenticity for some of the top teams, but then everyone who follows the mid-majors would wonder why they are getting shafted and get generic animations because no one took the time/had the space to care about them.
True, and not all of the players in Madden have the authentic motions, but I do feel like it's time to at least give the generic players some unique qualities (if that makes sense). It's okay, for example, for Jacory Harris to not have his set up and throwing motion. Can he at least have a consistent set up and throw? That would be a good start, IMO.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
True, and not all of the players in Madden have the authentic motions, but I do feel like it's time to at least give the generic players some unique qualities (if that makes sense). It's okay, for example, for Jacory Harris to not have his set up and throwing motion. Can he at least have a consistent set up and throw? That would be a good start, IMO.
Definately. And give RBs running styles too. There's all kinds of room for improvement here. Just keep it randomized or whatever to skirt the player likeness issues. None of that matters anyway once you're year 5 into the dynasty.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

And besides if NCAA had real authenticity, then there would be firestorms of lawsuits headed EA's way. Remember Sam Keller, yeah I dont either lol *joke*.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

There's a million things, other than player authenticity, that would help NCAA.

Realistic use of the option and zone read would be a big start.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
There's a million things, other than player authenticity, that would help NCAA.

Realistic use of the option and zone read would be a big start.
If only there were threads about those topics!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #8
Rookie

BuffaloBull7's Arena

OVR: 2

A thing for NCAA to imporve is to add styles ino the game.. They can add generic styles into the game, and them distibuted diferently. Also I like the running back styles. Small Back have a defferent running style then Bigger make us both see it and feel it. Looking back playing it again NCAA 04 did a great job of this. They made players weights and size matter.. I hope thats the route all football games including NCAA try to follow in the near future
WON'T BE BEAT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »