Home

Early release strategy July 2011

This is a discussion on Early release strategy July 2011 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Early release strategy July 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
Anybody ever tried Vintage Stock before? http://www.vintagestock.com/
Just moved into the St Louis area, might give it a shot. Have you tried it?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #74
Rookie

XMr HIT STICKX's Arena

OVR: 2

I used to live in the 757/804 area, trust me it's a dead zone for getting it early. I go to Old Dominion , but I live in Florida during the summers. I live in Duval county now, does anybody have any stores that they know if that will break street date?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #75
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

What's the "etiquette" on trying to get games early? Is there any certain way to go about it? Or is it simply grow a pair and start calling stores? Asking in person help out your chances much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
What's the "etiquette" on trying to get games early? Is there any certain way to go about it? Or is it simply grow a pair and start calling stores? Asking in person help out your chances much?
Since you're in Toledo I'd suggest going to BG on Friday and discussing it with them. Over the phone is a bit tricky and they don't like to give out details.

I remember for 2010 when I was in the store picking up the game they had literally 20 phone calls in the 5 minutes I was there. The manager said it is a huge hassle and headache to put up with it every year but does it because it is his chance to compete against the Gamestop's of the world. It's gotten his store a good rep amongst NW Ohio gamers.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #77
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
Since you're in Toledo I'd suggest going to BG on Friday and discussing it with them. Over the phone is a bit tricky and they don't like to give out details.

I remember for 2010 when I was in the store picking up the game they had literally 20 phone calls in the 5 minutes I was there. The manager said it is a huge hassle and headache to put up with it every year but does it because it is his chance to compete against the Gamestop's of the world. It's gotten his store a good rep amongst NW Ohio gamers.
Yeah i was in there last year when the guy brought the box in and everyone that called got a "no we dont know" or "we wont have that for a while" but if you went in and asked they are real cool and will pretty much answer any questions, there is a store in Fremont*, with the same name and used the same distributor and will probably have it the same time, Ive gotten it from the BG store the last few year. I would guess thursday or friday (the 9th or 10th) would be the earliest they will have it in the store.

Last edited by Bucknut17; 06-27-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #78
Rookie

BUCKNUT17,

If I didn't live an hour away what I'd do is go in this upcoming Friday and ask them politely when thy expect to have it in next week. More than likely you'll get an honest answer.

When you get that feel free to share it with your good friends here at OS who can't make multiple trips there to check with gas being the way it is.

Keep us in the loop
Old 06-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #79
Rookie

maximized98's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTeamHeat
Man im in SE Houston what part you in ?
I live in The Woodlands area

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I've bought the game every year since it was Bill Walsh Football, and in all that time I've only managed to get it early twice (NCAA 07 & 09). We have a couple of Houston area OSer's who seem to find it early every year, but damned if I know how.
UGH!!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
Just moved into the St Louis area, might give it a shot. Have you tried it?
Nope this would be the first year I've ever even tried to get the game early. I emailed the owner of the store or somethin and asked if there was any chance at all I could get it early, haven't heard back yet. I'll wait a few days and then just call.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »