Home

2k improving buzzer beater reactions

This is a discussion on 2k improving buzzer beater reactions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2k improving buzzer beater reactions

I was at the Hail Mary Tulsa/ECU game this last season where ECU scored on a 40-50 yard jump ball to win. I remember feeling like I was floating in the crowd because people were pushing me from all different directions. Best feeling of my life. Best feeling in sports. This needs to be in 13. I say we make a big push for this.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickelfritter
The song makes CBS...look it up on YouTube and you'll wish College Football started tomorrow. I agree with this thread. I think 2k to be honest is ahead of EA in terms of well...everything. EA knows it has no competition in football so to be honest...they're lazy. I really appreciate what 2k does because it atleast puts a little pressure on EA to step it up. This is my biggest pet peeve, No sideline or crowd reactions...even in 2k when a player is about to shoot a 3 the teammates sitting on the bench for the opposing team will jump up and "yell". So realistic and I love 2k for what they do. EA...C'mon man.
EA isnt lazy, I hate when people call devs lazy.
Their focus is being misplaced. Thats what it is, its not laziness. I mean the fact that Ben didnt know that people wanted the ability to edit players in dynasty until late this year, just proves their focus is somewhere else.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
Their focus is being misplaced. Thats what it is, its not laziness. I mean the fact that Ben didnt know that people wanted the ability to edit players in dynasty until late this year, just proves their focus is somewhere else.
Ok I kind of see your point. I mean...I feel like 2k does the best job of matching what you see in real life. I assume football is harder because of the variety of actions between players but still...Misplaced is a good word. They better find their place though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #12
Banned

PDOGEMP 8's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI6gpFTWkZY

Here's another example of what I'm talking about with the sidelines, not everybody has to react. There are just a few who put their hand in the air and jump. Now this is early in the game, if it was later I'm sure the whole sidelines would react more.

EDIT: By the way, we need CBS as well. I know it's mostly SEC but to me they have the best college football presentation. I love watching games on CBS.
if they did that then they should put NBC in for Notre Dame Home Games
Old 06-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Agreed. Bland commentary and awkward crowd noise makes late game heroics seem less.....heroic
Old 06-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOGEMP 8
if they did that then they should put NBC in for Notre Dame Home Games
I don't think they could ever do that. CBS for SEC, NBC for Notre Dame and ABC and ESPN. That's way too much work not to mention having to deal with the rights.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #15
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
I agree they are not lazy but I can't for one second think Ben or any of the NCAA team has not read post after post asking for my power to the gamer. I think the issue is being out of touch. While I understand they have to make a game for all types so why not add something like the ability to edit inside any mode of the game? The focus has been on profit only. The NCAA series has failed in the past few years which turns gamers off. I'm a long time supporter of the series, since 98, and I'm not even thinking about purchasing NCAA 12 until a month or more after release if at all. The Madden teams seems have got the picture and NCAA 12 sounds promising on paper but champions are not crowned before the season starts.

One of the Madden guys said it took them all of 10 minutes to unlock the editing ability. I'm sure it would not take much longer for NCAA 12 so even if they found out late in the year their could still have been time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #16
Banned

Actually, come to think of it. If you could customize sounds for conference game intros...you could import CBS' intro music for SEC as well as others. They couldn't do this as a game for rights reasons but you could import whatever you want as a user. They just need to add slots for custom conference game intros. Sick idea. Push it for '13. Do it. Do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »