Home

Most Exciting Game you've had in NCAA Football?

This is a discussion on Most Exciting Game you've had in NCAA Football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8
Most Exciting Game you've had in NCAA Football?

What are your most exciting games ever on NCAA football? Massive comebacks, thrillers, shootouts, whatever you think is exciting.

Mine was my 4th quarter 19 point comeback against New Mexico State (I was New Mexico). I scored quickly, and then kicked off. It was 31-42. The kick returner fumbles, and I score, giving me a 37-42 deficit. I had to go for two. I ran it in, almost being stopped. 39-42. After the kick, on their second play, I get a pick six. 46-42. I ended up winning 49-42.

So, whats your most exciting game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Most Exciting Game you've had in NCAA Football?

NCAA 09 --- SMU 0-0 (me) @ Rice (User)
C-USA conference game one, Week 1 Battle for the Mayor's Cup

1st quarter could not have went more wrong for me after my first drive that ended in a FG. I was using all my effort to contain Jarett Dillard and it was working, however he kept finding his 2nd 3rd and 4th options. I was nickel and dime-ed all the way down for multiple TD's.

After 1
17-3 Rice

2nd quarter I slow him up until his last drive where he punches one in with a FB dive. I was completely shutdown since my first drive, 3 and outs and TO's any which way I could give them up. I thought every chance I had was done for.

After 2
24-3 Rice

3rd quarter and start of the 2nd half I get return the opening kickoff and immediately force a fumble on his kick return. I take a shot at the endzone immediately after the fumble and connect for a 28 yd TD or something close to that. I can't exactly stop him from moving the ball, but I buckle down when it matters and force 2 FG's and end up with one more of own either early 4th or end of this quarter.

30-20

4th quarter the tables have completely turned on him, I'm stopping him from scoring and end up working my way into the endzone 2 more times to take a 4 point lead with like 40 some seconds left and he's burned all but one TO. He has a mediocre kick return, 25 yardline or so. Dumps a few passes underneath quickly no-huddling and clock ticking. Eventually gets to mid field and calls his TO with :06 left on the clock. I got this, I got this, I remember thinking what an incredible comeback. I don't go prevent, I end up doing a Quarters Cover 2 Man with 3 DL and a LB blitzing. I get pressure and he gets the ball out and and completed to Jarett Dillard around the 25 and he sheds a tackling and scores as time expires.

Final
37-34

Heartbreaker

That was Dillard's only catch of the entire game
Old 06-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

The greatest games and ones you remember are always losses

I wanna say Joe Paterno said something like he doesn't remember any of big victories, the only games he remembers are the losses
Old 06-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Renard's Arena

OVR: 0

Mine was NCAA 08...

The trick plays were big because of the Boise State upset over OU...

I was LSU and was playing Texas..

With like 15 secs left UT scores a TD to give him a 4 point lead...

24-28 I recall...

Well the kickoff happens... boom nothing special..

so with about a handful of seconds left I dial up the Hook-n-ladder.

Byrd catches the crossing route and at the last sec pitches to Holliday and the fastest man in College football runs down the sideline, like 70 yards to score the TD and win the game as time expired...

I just wished I would have uploaded that highlight or videoed it or somethig...

But that one play is my NCAA Claim to FAME haha
Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
In 11 I was mizzou in the national title game against Ohio state. It had been a back and forth high scoring battle when I finally had a chance to win it. Down by 3 with about 15 seconds left Gabbert threw a pass to Jerrel Jackson. He broke a tackle and headed to the end zone. The safety ended up nailing Jackson right as he made it to the goal line and the ball fumbled out of the endzone for a touchback. It was one of those YES moments that suddenly went south. Lost 41-38
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Simple for me.

NCAA 2006.

N.C. State @ #1 Ohio State at the time.

Battled back and forth the entire game. I tossed a late pick and Ohio State went up by 6 with about 20 seconds to go.

I took the kick off back my own 45. I dropped back, my outside receiver ran a post. Tramain Hall ran a streak right off the outside guy. He caught the ball scored the TD.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was a lowly Toledo team without their starting QB (the backup wasn't that bad and made plays with his feet) at Boise State, easily the biggest game on my schedule. Boise was in the top 15, not sure where, but I went in expecting to get smacked.

Boise takes an early 14-zip lead but I come back and force a Kellen Moore interception, which evens it at 14. I was able to hang with Boise until a tie 42-42 at the end of regulation play.

In overtime, we went to 49-49, then 56-56, then Boise scored. I had to score to stay in the game. I dropped back, the pocket collapsed, and then scrambled to my left. I broke away, made it to the ten, the five, and then got smacked near the goal line...and fumbled. Boise recovers, gets pushed out. I lost.

I won every other game that season (it was still only like a 8-4 record) and beat ULL bad in a bowl game.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

I was Nevada vs Colorado State. The game went 4 OT's and I ended up winning it on an interception. It felt great and I was relieved.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »