Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St.

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St.

The pass at 3:00 is thrown 55 yards in the air, on a line, and it hits the guy perfectly in stride. My guess is you could run this same play against this same defense 100 times and you'd probably have the same result 90 of them. (And I'm speaking generically based on last year's game, I know Kellen Moore is probably the most accurate QB in the nation.)

In the real world a pass that's thrown 55 yards in a similar situation is probably complete 50% or so (and that's probably high). And hitting a guy perfectly in stride happens less.

Yes, Cover 2 Zone will leave these routes open. But if bad throws happened more often, playing that defense would be fine. Especially when it's 1st and 10 and not in an end-of-half situation.

For example, the other two plays on the offense's selection screen there were Slot Corner and Middle Slant. Cover Two should work decently on those plays. The problem is that a 5 yard pass is just as accurate as a 55 yard pass, so you're better off giving up the 5 yarder.

I really don't think this is a football knowledge issue - football knowledge has been corrupted by these games.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #50
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have been avoiding game play vids to have some surprise come release day. I do have one question though, are the QB's making errant throws under/over or just completely missing?
If there are, I'm not seeing them. This is something that needs to be improved on. It seems like most passes are either caught, knocked down or dropped when irl passes should be off target. I'm waiting for the day when a game implements some sort of analog directional motion with the passing game.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Thank you. Guys come on, are we really that limited to guys who actually KNOW football on here? I'm not bashing anyone who is still learning the game, but I'm getting sick and tired of people complaining about the game when their football knowledge is limited. Now I think a majority of the people on this board understands the game, there's just a select few who choose to complain about something that they really don't know about. Like last year there was a guy on youtube who complained about a bug in the spread QB option play because the tackle didn't block the DE, which is what was suppose to happen! I usually just let these things slide but it just keeps coming up more and more. End of rant.
Great post... thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0
This blue field is very white
Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatape01
This blue field is very white
I really don't understand why they choose to use a bright dynamic setting on their TVs to demo these game play videos.

In my honest opinion, NCAA looks so much more realistic on a movie, game, or darker TV setting.

The brighter the setting, the worse the game looks..

Last edited by SECElit3; 06-27-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Thank you. Guys come on, are we really that limited to guys who actually KNOW football on here? I'm not bashing anyone who is still learning the game, but I'm getting sick and tired of people complaining about the game when their football knowledge is limited. Now I think a majority of the people on this board understands the game, there's just a select few who choose to complain about something that they really don't know about. Like last year there was a guy on youtube who complained about a bug in the spread QB option play because the tackle didn't block the DE, which is what was suppose to happen! I usually just let these things slide but it just keeps coming up more and more. End of rant.
I think it's long slide to say folks don't know football.

There are just too many perspectives that understanding of the game are pulled from.

On the Blocking example, it may be how he's seen/played it.
So can't say he's really wrong because there are so many blocking schemes for Option Plays out there.

All of this is just another example of why any Sports Game here on out, needs to be fully Customizable, because there are so many perspectives at play dealing with how a game should play out on their screen.

Looking at the Vid again, I finally see that one of the Major things missing is the Atmosphere of College Collisions.
It's no where to be found which gives us the opportunity to spend more time looking at the little things instead of talking about a Collision that happened while playing.

Last edited by khaliib; 06-28-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #55
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I think it's long slide to say folks don't know football.

There are just too many perspectives that understanding of the game are pulled from.

On the Blocking example, it may be how he's seen/played it.
So can't say he's really wrong because there are so many blocking schemes for Option Plays out there.

All of this is just another example of why any Sports Game here on out, needs to be fully Customizable, because there are so many perspectives at play dealing with how a game should play out on their screen.

Looking at the Vid again, I finally see that one of the Major things missing is the Atmosphere of College Collisions.
It's no where to be found which gives us the opportunity to spend more time looking at the little things instead of talking about a Collision that happened while playing.
In theory what you are saying is correct but not really. True there are many ways to block an option but the basis of any option is to leave the last man on the line of scrimmage unblock (which is usually a DE). So that you have the option to give it to the back or keep it depending upon what the defender is doing. And this is true with any option, read or triple. If you block the last man on the line of scrimmage it isn't considered an option.

Last edited by 4solo; 06-28-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 6

This was the first video I really watched for 2012 this year and I'm not really impressed. It didn't look any different than 11. The blocking doesn't seem improved at all. D lineman still stay blocked wayyyyyy to long... Just my .02

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »