Home

Eastern Washington

This is a discussion on Eastern Washington within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Eastern Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Just because you haven't heard of Central Arkansas doesn't mean no one else as. And I find it funny how because 3 schools (that I know of) have colored turf, you act like everyone else does it. Generalizations don't work in arguments. Do you see UCA getting on ESPN because of it? Don't you think if they were getting attention, you would have heard about it before now? You said it yourself, you've never heard of them, so why would you know about their field?

Now if in the last 5-10 years, there were like 2 dozen schools that went to colored turf, you would have a point, but they haven't.
I did say except the people in Arkansas. You know about 2 of the 3 schools who have colored turf because they have colored turf. Yes, UCA has been on ESPN because of it....thats how i heard about it. They havent YET....that was my emphasis on my first post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Give it a couple more years of this, and there will be sadly. As long as my Buffs don't bust out a black field...
A couple more years?

Boise State - 1986
EWU - 2010
UCA - 2011

Ok, sure, maybe there will be a couple more... so out of almost 300 division I programs, 3 have this turf. ~1% and the only team at the major level has had it 25 years. Like I said, if suddenly 10-20 schools decided to do it, sure, it is an epidemic. But there are 2, and I haven't heard of any more, and if more do, it's going to be a couple schools. No major BCS team will, I can tell you that much.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
I did say except the people in Arkansas. You know about 2 of the 3 schools who have colored turf because they have colored turf. Yes, UCA has been on ESPN because of it....thats how i heard about it. They havent YET....that was my emphasis on my first post.
I live in Ohio and knew about UCA long before... when their football team was NAIA. Hell, bet you didn't know Scottie Pippen played basketball there either.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
I live in Ohio and knew about UCA long before... when their football team was NAIA. Hell, bet you didn't know Scottie Pippen played basketball there either.
I dont think you knew that until you googled UCA in between my first post to my last one. You wouldve busted out Scottie Pippen in my earlier posts if you knew that.

Last edited by buckeye02; 06-28-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Give it a couple more years of this, and there will be sadly. As long as my Buffs don't bust out a black field...
Maybe I heard wrong, but no D-1 programs are allowed to have colored turf anymore unless they have it prior to becoming a D-1 program or had it before the rule change (a la boise st.)
Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
I dont think you knew that until you googled UCA in between my first post to my last one. You wouldve busted out Scottie Pippen in my earlier posts if you knew that.
Uh no, trust me, I knew years ago. Why would I lie about something so trivial? Let me guess, you had to google to verify it, since you hadn't heard of the school. Am I right?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Uh no, trust me, I knew years ago. Why would I lie about something so trivial? Let me guess, you had to google to verify it, since you hadn't heard of the school. Am I right?
No, i knew he went to a small college. Didnt know which one. Bottom line, the fields look horrible and gaudy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
No, i knew he went to a small college. Didnt know which one. Bottom line, the fields look horrible and gaudy.
I'll have to actually see a game on it. Solid colors are one thing, but I agree, the purple and gray is a bit excessive. Just gray would have looked fine to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »