Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #57
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions (360) PS3 Demo Available Later This Afternoon

Wow the CPU just recovered an onside kick!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #58
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions (360) PS3 Demo Available Later This Afternoon

Really like how this demo feels, it plays a pretty good game of football.

On a bad note, the clock is broken again. If you run a hurry up, the clock isn't starting when the ref spots the ball. It waits until your players on offense are set.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #59
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

As others have said, downfield blocking looks nice. UT busted a 50 yd td run on me. They took it to the outside and i saw a couple linemen clear out guys at the second level, then the rb had a convoy of a couple wrs shielding him as he ran down the sideline to the end zone.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #60
Rookie

Tennessee's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's my take on the bad side of things.

- Can score at will unless on Heisman mode
- No huddle is still unrealistic and will be exploited in user games if it stays the same for release
- Four verticals inside slot receiver still god of getting open
- I had outside WRs run out of bounds and back in bounds to catch the ball on two separate deep passes
- I got a lot of pressure on the CPU just using three and four man fronts
- Hope the other stuff is awesome because gameplay is just NCAA 11.5

Last edited by Tennessee; 06-28-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #61
Rookie

w1ck80's Arena

Just joined! Long time reader but finally joined! Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else playing the demo is having trouble adjusting to the playcalling scrolling up and down instead of side to side like last year. This is kinda throwing me off...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #62
Rookie

Tennessee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ck80
Just joined! Long time reader but finally joined! Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else playing the demo is having trouble adjusting to the playcalling scrolling up and down instead of side to side like last year. This is kinda throwing me off...
Took me at least a quarter to figure it out. I thought play selection was incredibly slow until I noticed it was changing formations. Didn't use it but it looked like the recent plays was an option again though.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 12

Me: Oregon
Cpu: Texas

5 games AA.

My Offense:
1. You can run out of the spread.
2. Seems like you need to pitch earlier on option plays. Option seems less effective.
3. Designated QB runs and draws are effective.
4. Screens/ slip screens/ and WR screens/bubbles work.
5. Good job with inaccurate passes/incompletions.
6. Not seeing Psychic DBs. Read the D, find the open man or open spot in zone.
7. Deep ball not automatic.

Cpu Offense:
1. Can run from single back sets. No big gains but, effective.
2. No QB scrambles yet. No runs out of shotgun (that I remember).
3. Will throw deep. Beat me on a pretty deep ball.
4. Throws a lot of picks. Cpu QB seems confused when you audible to a zone.
5. QB pretty nimble in pocket. Avoiding sacks, breaking tackles.
6. No quick throws right before a sack. No crazy spin throws.

My Defense:
1. Lot of pressure/sacks with or without blitzing or setting D-line to aggressive.
2. Coverage sacks. Pressure from both ends.
3. Will jump offsides if d-line set to aggressive.
4. CBs pretty aggressive going for picks in man or zone.
5. I like the tackle button especially when going for a sack.

Cpu defense:
1. Still blitz CBs too much.
2. CBs very aggressive vs. outside runs. In the backfield a little too quickly imo.
3. Zone D is good. Realistic.
4. Pass rush is effective.

Weird cut scene. Texas is driving into field goal range and they cut to LaMichael James warming up kicking into the net.

While not a huge leap from 11, still very solid.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #64
Rookie

Rakein's Arena

OVR: 2

after a hour and a half of DL i got and i got a few things.
Pro's -
The Coverage - Zone works now (Thank you baby jesus) although they slide around to fast, Man coverage i thought was gonna be broken but nope still works.

Tackles - I LOVE the new tackling system now i dont throw my controller when the ball carrier breaks a tackle my other guys just stand like sleeping cows.

Running from Shotgun - Somewhat better but still bad IMO still to slow on the Read Options and whatnot.

Con's -
The damn D-Line knowing when to jump to swat the ball down is still there and its not like one of them doing it still all at the same time.

Doofus WR and DB who just watch the ball fly right above there heads and drop a easy pick

Hail Mary Trips Right (I believe) is some what glitched cause i ran it 4 times (twice as Bama and once as Org and FSU) and it seemed the Inside WR would always get behind coverage for a easy TD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »