Home

NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later.

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
The reason for my response is that he was being a smartass like I attacked him personally because he has this love affair with a corporation.
Yet another assumption that makes you look like a fool.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #18
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

not that it matters to anyone but the mich fan but ive been playing since bill walsh and 11 was by far the best version to date. problems? yea of course. but which one didn't and played anything close to 11? i can debunk any ncaa or other football game you say is a more sound football experience. with 11 being so good and now having zone and pass rush fixed and no/or reduced suction i can't imagine any college football or gaming fan not getting it. its only 60 bucks.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #19
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
not that it matters to anyone but the mich fan but ive been playing since bill walsh and 11 was by far the best version to date. problems? yea of course. but which one didn't and played anything close to 11? i can debunk any ncaa or other football game you say is a more sound football experience. with 11 being so good and now having zone and pass rush fixed and no/or reduced suction i can't imagine any college football or gaming fan not getting it. its only 60 bucks.
Thank you for bringing us back on topic.

Anyone else have anything to share about the game and your constructive thoughts on why or why not the OP might be making a terrible mistake by passing on this game upon release?

I still need to try out the demo so I have no real opinion, but I think giving it a rental would be a good idea as well. Demos hardly ever tell the whole story.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Thank you for bringing us back on topic.

Anyone else have anything to share about the game and your constructive thoughts on why or why not the OP might be making a terrible mistake by passing on this game upon release?

I still need to try out the demo so I have no real opinion, but I think giving it a rental would be a good idea as well. Demos hardly ever tell the whole story.
Exactly, every year the demo is very different from the final product.

If anyone has questions on whether or not to get the game, the general route people take is renting first then buying if they like it.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #21
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm usually satisfied by the time the game is released. So far I like the gameplay a little better on this demo compared to last year's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #22
Rookie

hookem10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
"Join Date: May 2008"

Not to sound like a jerk, but you are relatively new to this game so you have nothing to base your opinions on. There are still features missing from the PS2/Xbox games and just because there are new graphics doesn't mean it covers up for them being lazy. I am very aware of the graphics being the same every year considering EA usually preps one engine at the start of a console cycle and uses that for 5+ years with minor adjustments.
The fail is strong with this one. What a stupid thing to say.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
Ummm just because someone joined this site in 2008 doesn't mean they haven't been playing longer. I've been playing 8 years and just found this site 2 years ago and had to create a second account a couple months ago. I wouldn't be so soon on the trigger to take shots at people.
Same here, I even used to keep up with things here on OS but never bothered to sign up until this years, MLB THE SHOW hence the "PowerPitcher"
Old 06-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #24
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Each game comes with one online code if I am not mistaken so if you buy it used and that code was used...you have to buy another one for the game which is another 9.99. So say you buy it three months from release at around 39.99 which is twenty bucks off then go ahead and add ten bucks to that and you see that you have saved a whopping 10 bucks in order to make your anti-corporate statement while the rest of us have been enjoying NCAA 12 for three months.

I can appreciate making a statement but dollars and sense wise they gotcha with the one online code per game policy. Some folks may think that NCAA 12 doesnt have enough added to make it worth buying at all and that is fine but the whole waiting a few months for a used copy doesn't make much sense if you are going to play online.

I know this because I bought NCAA 11 used.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »