Home

NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later.

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later.

i actually didn"t get a good feel for the game. like ncaa 11 better. not to hyped over a indian on a horse, and a steer thats on the field that stands up.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
i actually didn"t get a good feel for the game. like ncaa 11 better. not to hyped over a indian on a horse, and a steer thats on the field that stands up.
Tackling has been improved, Zone Defense, Defense in General, Player movement, A HUGE overall of RTG, and a great new outlook on Dynasty.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #35
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
That $9.99 is EA's statement right back at us. Also, some times I wonder if it's better to wait a month or two to buy it, because as soon as I DO buy it, I will start my dynasty, if I play my dynasty all year, before the patches come out, I will be pissed, I LOVE the game, but I get upset about it coming out still needing work to play right.
its not EA getting back at us its them getting back at gamestop and places like that. They don't like the option of consumers buying their games selling them at lower price or trading games in a different value. Its in court now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #36
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
I will be buying it at 12:01 Monday night, just like every year. My point is that it ruins it for me when you have to wait a month for patches to come out, when the GAME SHOULD COME THAT WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Patches (especially for sports games) are based on user feedback, fans with no connection to the production of the game will find things that people working on the game won't (its like this for all of the gaming industry, if it wasn't patches would not be a thing). And they usually have a patch on the day the game is released (which is actually about a month after the game you purchase was finalized). They finalize the demo in early May, and the game in early June (this is part of the approval/shipping process), odds are they have already adjusted most of the things people report are off in the demo, and are hard at work preparing the patch to correct what they found needing in the final cut of the game.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 06-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #37
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Patches (especially for sports games) are based on user feedback, fans with no connection to the production of the game will find things that people working on the game won't (its like this for all of the gaming industry, if it wasn't patches would not be a thing). And they usually have a patch on the day the game is released (which is actually about a month after the game you purchase was finalized). They finalize the demo in early May, and the game in early June (this is part of the approval/shipping process), odds are they have already adjusted most of the things people report are off in the demo, and are hard at work preparing the patch to correct what they found needing in the final cut of the game.
Finally someone who knows a little something about the gaming industry. It's not as cut and dry as many of you guys that complain think. (And I'm in no way reacting to any single person.) I use to think the same thing until I went to college for computer programming and realized how much work and how tedious it was just to fix one line of code on a simple java platform.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #38
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miden
I'm thinking I might just get a used copy of this years edition also. I bought a new copy of NCAA 11 when if came out and I haven't played 1 online game or used teambuilder at all since I've been playing it so not having an online pass shouldn't be a big deal for me. Offline dynasty is where I spend 95% of my NCAA time.

It's not that I think NCAA12 looks bad or anything, but I'm just not seeing $65 worth of new content so far.
The game is $59.99, the other $5 is your states' tax.
I dont know know how you see that you're not paying for "improvements" CC alone is huge and they completely re-did RTG so its playable. by thats my .02
Old 06-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #39
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

If people are unsure about the game, its good if they wait for patches and/or a price drop. Its lessens the chance that they will come here and rant about EA "ripping them off"

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #40
nWo
Rookie

OVR: 2

This might be the best NCAA Football game EA has made to date. Count me in as someone who will be buying it the day it is released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »