Home

To the people who pre-ordered their games

This is a discussion on To the people who pre-ordered their games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: To the people who pre-ordered their games

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
I preordered from GameStop because selling games is all Gamestop does. They are not megaconglomerate WalMart that sees game sales as just another plus on the overall budget. The same goes with Amazon, its just a small add on to a mighty sales repertoire.

I support GameStop with my preorders because selling games is what they do and I like to support the small guy. Yes, they are a large corporation but they are one that is focused and thus those that run the little shops are hyperfocused too. When it comes to either supporting that style of business or selling out for a recruiting guide....its a no brainer for me. Gamestop gets my dollar.
I don't buy from Gamestop because they are the reason we pay $60 for new games, not $50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 19

I pre-ordered with Gamestop because of the jerseys and the extra trade-in value. Of course, any credit given never seems to be enough. It's like the feeling you get when you trade in a car. You know you are getting low-balled, you know they are going to make money on your trade, but hanging onto old games is just sad. I kept games for the original Xbox for too long, and got pennies on the dollar when I tried to sell them a few years later. If you wait, they are worthless.

When I pre-ordered I felt less excited about the game than any other year. Football in July? Again? Even getting Phil Steele's college football preview magazine hasn't helped. This might be frustration with the two big scandals in college football: OSU and Cam Newton's Heisman. NCAA 12 had better be good, because the real world is lacking some fun.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

i'm hearing that K-mart is giving you a $20 credit towards future gaming if you preorder in store. Makes it difficult but $20 towards madden would really help.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #28
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
I have a question. If I pre-order online to pickup@store, can I use my power-up card or do I have to pay online? (I'm planning on getting NCAA 12 for free)
I've never ordered online with them, I would imagine you could as there is a # on the back of the power-up card.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #29
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

i just did Gamestop. I probably won't use the uniforms but I've given up on finding it early and gamestop is walkable from my place, just a block away. Plus I don't want the recruiting help. Isn't it supposed to be hard? I don't want any cheats or short cuts.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #30
Rookie

bhbdawg's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
I feel like recruiting advisor was a really bad buy for me last year
Chip Kelly posts here!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
I've never ordered online with them, I would imagine you could as there is a # on the back of the power-up card.
Yeah, I just remembered that. I hope that works for gift cards, too, because I got my refund on a game with a gift card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Can you get the gamestop preorder, go buy it, get the uniform code, then return the game for a refund? Does anyone know if the uniforms code is outside of the actual game? Like say a card that they just throw in the bag with the game? I want those uniforms but already will be getting the game early..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »