Home

What makes NCAA fun isn't the gameplay (for me)

This is a discussion on What makes NCAA fun isn't the gameplay (for me) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #17
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What makes NCAA fun isn't the gameplay (for me)

Although I'm disappointed that through the OP and others impressions that those annoying, but tolerable, issues are in the game, I just can't go without an NCAA game. I love the avenue they have taken and its a step in the right direction so I'll manage. Psychic DB's I can beat and super Lbs I got around pretty easily so I just can't wait to get my hands on it.
YouTube: TBD
Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #18
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm just going to continue to follow the boards looking for positive experiences people are having, and the slider boards. i think with the right slider set this game will be everything you want it to be Ryan. After community rosters are done, a patch or two releases, and a slider set that looks good is available, is when I'll make a final decision.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #19
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Definitely going to wait to buy this one this year. I'm a EA NCAA fanatic and I just can't bring myself to buy this game when it's released...yet. It's sad considering I gave up on Madden a few years ago, so this is really my only football fix. Maybe, I look at it again when I trade in The Show in October...
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25

Fixed defense?! Count me In, I'm all over it! I hate playing demos though because they are usually 2 month old versions of the game and aren't representative of the final build.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's always hard to judge how good a game is from a demo with 2 minute quarters and without all the features of the full game... So far, I'm fairly happy with the changes to the game -- the new tackling system is a HUGE breakthrough as far as I'm concerned. Super LBs, psychic DBs, and all that jazz... Well, I can live with that, because we're never going to get a 100% accurate simulation of real football, because, well.. This isn't real football. I'm excited enough about the changes to Dynasty and RTG (playing a full season against my actual high school opponents, on both sides of the ball? yes please) that gameplay is honestly a secondary concern for me this year.

That said, the biggest complaint I had about the demo was the crowd noise -- it sounded like a barely-noticeable background noise... But I suppose that can be fixed manually in the retail game by just adjusting your sound settings. Especially during that pregame, I should be drowning in screams!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #22
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

If I get the game it'll be solely to play online dynasty.

The demo isn't bad or anything but it's standard EA football. An okay game that does some things to improve on the previous version, but still has some of the same nagging features that have been there for years.

At least with online dynasty I can avoid playing the computer (where a lot of these issues pop up the most) and enjoy competing against other people. Even if we're competing with a flawed game.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Two of the main reasons the original poster states are issues that I really don't agree with. Psychic DB's and super human LB's.

If you throw to the correct receiver, running a route that is conducive to beating the particular coverage the defense is in, on time, and have a passing lane or window to drop the ball into, you will find these issues as I did to be non issues. Will they still occur maybe a couple of times a game? Sure. But, not nearly as some people are making it out in my opinion.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

The reason why Gameplay is not fun, is simply because it is the Demo. It's only 2 minutes a quarter! Plus, we have no connections to it. We're just...playing it. Of course it's going to be different when you're in Dynasty and trying to do well so you can get a better job, or whatever. These games are just "play now" and they don't mean anything. So your hearts not into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »