Home

Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
This my first time posting here and I just wanted to share my game play experience with the demo. As some have mentioned the first thing I noticed was the floating feel of the game. For some reason it made me feel a little disconnected from the game but nothing big. Also, let me not forget to mention I was playing as Oregon against Texas
The first memorable moment of the game came on my second drive as my outside receiver ran a deep inside slant and had a step on the corner. There was a safety over the top so I waited for the receiver to get perfect inside position to shield the ball. Everything went to plan and I let it rip, the corner had no shot at the play and the most the safety could do was bang the ball out of my hands, or so I thought. The ball arrived quickly and the receiver reached out his hands only to have the ball go through him without any obstruction and into the hands of the safety. The safety with his hands now positioned through the body of the receiver made the easiest pick in the world, truly as if nothing stood in his way.
The second jaw dropper came a few drives later when after a 5 step drop I see a wide open receiver 25 yards down the field. I stepped up and made the throw thinking of all the open field ahead of me. Sadly a Texas d-lineman playing 5 yards off the line had different plans as he leapt to pluck the ball form the heavens displaying some of the greatest vertical and ball skills since Larry Fitzgerald.
Now I have got to say after 5 demo play troughs this game is not all bad but after repeated "come on man" moments the frustration which would build over the course of a year just does not seem worth it.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Its ok. Not too much different to me. Players still have zero weight to them, or atleast the illusion of weight is not present. Slipping and sliding all over the place as usual.

The running animations are still jacked up also. Players still run with that slight hunchback. Check live football footage or fire up NCAA11 for the PS2 and you'll see what running is supposed to look like and feel like.

Still a first day buy for me as usual but come on guys. Please fix the running animations and get rid of that float feel thats been present in the current generation of your titles. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #59
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Yep, Mr. Young said it best.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #60
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Its ok. Not too much different to me. Players still have zero weight to them, or atleast the illusion of weight is not present. Slipping and sliding all over the place as usual.

The running animations are still jacked up also. Players still run with that slight hunchback. Check live football footage or fire up NCAA11 for the PS2 and you'll see what running is supposed to look like and feel like.

Still a first day buy for me as usual but come on guys. Please fix the running animations and get rid of that float feel thats been present in the current generation of your titles. Thanks.

Yeh you're right on that. Do they not see these things? And are they that hard to fix in a year? This along with some other bugs have been in the game all of this gen. It kind of makes me mad, it's not that big of a deal but it seems like if something isn't a "gamebreaker" then they aren't going to change it. It's one of three things, EA is using "screw you, you're gonna buy it anyway" approach, they are just too lazy, or they don't see it (ignorant of their own game and real life football). This isn't just about the animations either, its the gameplay, the presentations, and other things like the dreads. I'm sorry I just feel like if you're going to do something you do it 110%, not half-assed.

I sound like I hate the game but I don't, I still like the game but it is mainly because I love football. I am still having fun with this game but the devs really need to rethink these things.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6
I'd be fine if they even had an apf 2k8 feel to the game. To me that's still the best game on this gen. But aside from that I really dont have a problem with NCAA 12's demo gameplay. Sure a few things need to be fixed, but it's still a lot crisper than '11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 14
they just keep adding a new layer of wallpaper on top of last years wallpaper. when really they need to take down the wall.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #63
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc79
they just keep adding a new layer of wallpaper on top of last years wallpaper. when really they need to take down the wall.

Yep and soon it's going to be too late because they'll have to move to next gen.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #64
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24
I agree with Jayson and Caley on this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »