Home

So is Play Action fixed or what??

This is a discussion on So is Play Action fixed or what?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Play Action Fixed in the demo or is it still an instant sack?
Yes. It's fixed! 40 64.52%
No. Still not where it needs to be - results in a sack the majority of the time. 22 35.48%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: So is Play Action fixed or what??

I"m really not at all wrong jared and plenty of others agree. it's time to grow up and just deal with the fact that not everyone has the same game experience as you.

why come to a board like this if you can't respect other people's point of view?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #50
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
now i'm really lost, the title is has it been fixed so that implies that it was broken last year. If I don't think it was broken last year how I am supposed to vote?
Heh, well the good news is regardless of everyone's opinion about 11, it seems this poll (despite a leading question!) is showing the majority think PA works fine in this year's game. Woot!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I think there are two levels of the play "not working". One level would be the DB's not biting on the fake, and no open recievers. In this case, I agree, the play should be set up. But the next level is the QB getting sacked before he even gets out of his animation....that is aggrevating and not terribly realistic, and the reason I have rarely used the PA going back several years.
On that last part, the QB taking slightly too long to do the play action animation I will agree it needed tweaked. However I don't feel the game was broke at all in regards to DBs biting on play action, you just had to run enough to set it up.

For those who believe that the feature was broke and PA should "work" keep this in mind: I used to play in a dynasty with a guy who would pass 50-55 times a game and never run but maybe once or twice, or none at all. Probably 90% of his passes were play action passes and the majority of them worked really well in fooling the defense.

It used to aggravate me to no end that the game would be so dumb as to have the defense believe time and time again that the QB might hand off the ball when he had not done so all game. There was nothing quite like the feeling of aggravation when he would be in 3rd and 25 and run PLAY ACTION and it would work gloriously. Like any defense in their right mind would be expecting a run in that down and distance!!

THAT is when PA was BROKEN my friends!! But I never heard hardly anyone complain about it because they either a) didn't care b) didn't notice or c) abused the heck out of it.

So given the choice between it being "broken" as to how it used to be and "broken" as to how it was in 11 I will take 11's version of it any day!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 06-29-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
When 99 out of 100 people says it's broken, It's broken.
Nope, by that logic when millions say Britney Spears has great music that would make her music great. Guess what? It's not...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #53
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Odogg...are you serious man?

It doesn't matter how the defense reacts to it when 9 out of 10 PA passes against the CPU result in sacks. THAT IS BROKEN.

There is a reason why I so rarely see PA passes in online games either, it is TOO RISKY, it shouldn't be so risky to run a simple PA play. If they DBs dont bite, they dont bite, but I shouldn't be getting sacked every single freaking time.

You guys are wrong. Fact

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

BTW - as Moylan pointed out there is no option for those of us who believed it to be unbroken in the first place so I'm going to go ahead and vote "Yes its fixed" despite my belief this poll was completely leading in how it was setup. There most definitely should have been an option of "It was never broke to begin with" for those of us who feel that way to get a truly accurate sampling of OS's feelings about the issue.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #55
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
On that last part, the QB taking slightly too long to do the play action animation I will agree it needed tweaked. However I don't feel the game was broke at all in regards to DBs biting on play action, you just had to run enough to set it up.

For those who believe that the feature was broke and PA should "work" keep this in mind: I used to play in a dynasty with a guy who would pass 50-55 times a game and never run but maybe once or twice, or none at all. Probably 90% of his passes were play action passes and the majority of them worked really well in fooling the defense.

It used to aggravate me to no end that the game would be so dumb as to have the defense believe time and time again that the QB might hand off the ball when he had not done so all game. There was nothing quite like the feeling of aggravation when he would be in 3rd and 25 and run PLAY ACTION and it would work gloriously. Like any defense in their right mind would be expecting a run in that down and distance!!

THAT is when PA was BROKEN my friends!! But I never heard hardly anyone complain about it because they either a) didn't care b) didn't notice or c) abused the heck out of it.

So given the choice between it being "broken" as to how it used to be and "broken" as to how it was in 11 I will take 11's version of it any day!!
This is spot on. I had the same type of player in my OD. I know that feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Odogg...are you serious man?

It doesn't matter how the defense reacts to it when 9 out of 10 PA passes against the CPU result in sacks. THAT IS BROKEN.

There is a reason why I so rarely see PA passes in online games either, it is TOO RISKY, it shouldn't be so risky to run a simple PA play. If they DBs dont bite, they dont bite, but I shouldn't be getting sacked every single freaking time.

You guys are wrong. Fact
9 out of 10 FOR YOU!!! why is it so difficult to figure out that we don't all share your experience? do you honestly believe that me and others have nothing better to do with our time then lie about video games on an internet forum? again show some respect

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »