Home

NCAA 12 RTG Question

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 RTG Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9
NCAA 12 RTG Question

Any insight on this subject would be much appreciated. I've been watching anything I can find on RTG to find a more in-depth look at the whole captain idea. You gain more trust, you gain more responsibilities and abilities. That's all good and fine, but it seems to me that the added flexibility is tooled toward what a QB would be allowed to do. My question is - is it the same if I am a RB? If I'm a RB, I can call audibles and plays? Isn't that kind of strange? Any input on this would be awesome. I'm not about to nerd rage if it IS the same for every position, but it'd be a neat almost RPG-esque element to make every position almost like a "class" with different gained abilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 12 RTG Question

i was wondering the same thing. i used to only play with QB's but gained an affinity for RB's last season. so i'm curious.

(also, it's possible your sig is the first time i've ever been sig quoted so i am honored.)

it seems like there's a lot of nitpicking going on after just the demo. i dunno, i'm pleasantly surprised every year and i've been playing this game since the '96 version. there have been a few duds here and there but people always seem more concerned about what's not in it vs what's in it....

(don't try using EA's catchphrase as a witty comeback no matter how clever it would be)
Chicago White Sox
Old 06-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Rookie

BeaverBeliever97267's Arena

OVR: 5

Not sure about audibles (but I actually don't see why not - other than they usually don't do it IRL). But you should at least be able to select from more than one play.

Which as a RB should be a good thing
Old 06-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9

Congrats on your first quote! Haha

And yes, I would agree. I'm not anxious over it, but I'm curious. It will be nice to pick plays as a RB now that I really consider the horror of the playcalling in years past - which is why I tended to lean toward QB so I could hot route everything hahaha

And you know what they say - If it's in the game!!!...Then I hope it's not broken.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmeyer
Congrats on your first quote! Haha

And yes, I would agree. I'm not anxious over it, but I'm curious. It will be nice to pick plays as a RB now that I really consider the horror of the playcalling in years past - which is why I tended to lean toward QB so I could hot route everything hahaha

And you know what they say - If it's in the game!!!...Then I hope it's not broken.

No no...he said NO MATTER HOW CLEVER............ hahaha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

also after thinking about this, there's only so much you can do at non qb positions. i guess on D you can change plays because really anyone can be a def captain (although it's usually LB's or FS's) but for like RB's and WR's maybe changing your routes/runs but i dunno.

the other thing i didn't really understand is the boost packs or whatever. are those based on how you do in the game or are they paid add ons?
Chicago White Sox
Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
also after thinking about this, there's only so much you can do at non qb positions. i guess on D you can change plays because really anyone can be a def captain (although it's usually LB's or FS's) but for like RB's and WR's maybe changing your routes/runs but i dunno.

the other thing i didn't really understand is the boost packs or whatever. are those based on how you do in the game or are they paid add ons?

From what I understand-- you have to EARN trust with your coach through practice and the games. If you were like me, in previous RTG once you got the starting spot (which didn't take long), you simmed all week and only played the games (and maybe the night before the game's event to juice your stats).

Well it sounds like in this one you actually earn points through practice and the more you practice and do well, the more POINTS you earn (like an RPG), which unlocks those boost packs giving you specific rating boosts depending on the pack. I believe, in turn you can earn more points and unlock Hot Routes or Audibles or even the ability to flip the play pre-snap.

Should add a LOT more depth to RTG and make it more playable in my opinion! If you want more info-- I think the videos on the demo themselves do brush on this specifically.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

yeah i saw the videos and had trouble understanding if the packs were from in game accomplishments/skill pts or paid add ons. but you're saying they're the former and that's kinda what i thought.

i did exactly the same thing in the past, once i locked up the starter i simmed practices. i think this is a great incentive to actually participate instead of "we talking bout practice" attitude that i've brandished in the past.
Chicago White Sox

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »