Home

PS3 source resoluiton is 720p -

This is a discussion on PS3 source resoluiton is 720p - within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #17
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PS3 source resoluiton is 720p -

Yea I noticed the difference between the two games too. But as someone pointed out, it is just the demo. I much rather play on PS3 because I use that system for everything. I know someone on here earlier tried to explain the difference on why the 360 version looks better and the PS3 version looks more pixelated. I think the argument is that sports games aren't as appealing to the eye graphically on the PS3, but thats not the case because MLB The Show is probably the most crisp graphical game I have played (sports wise). So do the guys at EA just make it differently for the PS3 and 360 graphics wise?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan77
OS,

While our PS3 game does support displaying 1080i/p, it does this by scaling from an intermediate resolution that does not preserve as much detail.* It was built this way to support old HD sets that only had 480/1080 options.

If you want the game to look it’s very best, use PS3 720p only because we render in that directly.

I hope that clears things up for everyone.
Hey BigFan...thankx for the response. I wanted to ask if the art team tried implementing MLAA during development for the PS3 version? And if not, will they try it for NCAA 2013?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #19
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Yea I noticed the difference between the two games too. But as someone pointed out, it is just the demo. I much rather play on PS3 because I use that system for everything. I know someone on here earlier tried to explain the difference on why the 360 version looks better and the PS3 version looks more pixelated. I think the argument is that sports games aren't as appealing to the eye graphically on the PS3, but thats not the case because MLB The Show is probably the most crisp graphical game I have played (sports wise). So do the guys at EA just make it differently for the PS3 and 360 graphics wise?
I think it's more about it being ported over that causes the quality drop. If they made the game separately on both consoles then you wouldn't have this, but then again it's way easier to just build it on one and put it on the other.

Same thing happens on other mutliplat games. Usually 1 version looks better then the other, usually the 360 version because it's usually the lead platform.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #20
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I think it's more about it being ported over that causes the quality drop. If they made the game separately on both consoles then you wouldn't have this, but then again it's way easier to just build it on one and put it on the other.

Same thing happens on other mutliplat games. Usually 1 version looks better then the other, usually the 360 version because it's usually the lead platform.
Ok I understand now. I guess thats why the MLB The Show graphics look so good because they just make it for the PS3. But why dont they just alternate it every year just to keep it fair to the fan base? One year do it on the PS3 and the other year do it on the 360? I guess they just use the same build from previous versions and then build on that so I guess that would be out of the question because they have always done it on the 360
Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 AM   #21
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan77
OS,

While our PS3 game does support displaying 1080i/p, it does this by scaling from an intermediate resolution that does not preserve as much detail.* It was built this way to support old HD sets that only had 480/1080 options.

If you want the game to look it’s very best, use PS3 720p only because we render in that directly.

I hope that clears things up for everyone.
So you guys planning on charging less for the PS3 version of the game since its a poorly done port?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #22
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMove4
So you guys planning on charging less for the PS3 version of the game since its a poorly done port?
that would be fantastic, but no way EA would give up cash, maybe we can pay for a patch that will allow us to play in 1080i/p
Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #23
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Ok I understand now. I guess thats why the MLB The Show graphics look so good because they just make it for the PS3. But why dont they just alternate it every year just to keep it fair to the fan base? One year do it on the PS3 and the other year do it on the 360? I guess they just use the same build from previous versions and then build on that so I guess that would be out of the question because they have always done it on the 360
I read somewhere that it's a lot easier to do the coding on the 360 and that's easier to apply to the ps3... but it's not quite as easy the other way around.
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

They'd go crazy and add everything we want if they did it on PS3 and then have to go trim it all down on the 360. We'd probably get actual 1080p on PS3, since you know... it's meant to play 1080p. Else, what's the point of the Bluray player?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »