Home

Graphics PS3 vs XBOX 360?

This is a discussion on Graphics PS3 vs XBOX 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Graphics PS3 vs XBOX 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Once again, NCAA Football is NOT a 360 to PS3 port... the versions are built independently side-by-side.
Can I sell you a bridge?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #18
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
What is DTS?

In 1993, Steven Spielberg's blockbuster Jurassic Park introduced the crisp, clear sound of DTS (Digital Theater Systems). DTS Digital Surround is a 5.1-channel surround sound format, similar to Dolby Digital. As such it is a competing format to Dolby Digital. DTS features up to five discrete (independent) channels (front center, front left, front right, surround left, surround right; giving it the "5" designation) of full frequency sound (with respect to the range of human hearing, which ideally ranges from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz), plus a sixth channel for low frequency effects (LFE). The LFE signal is usually reserved for the subwoofer speaker(s), or those speakers capable of reproducing low frequency ranges. The low frequency effects channel gives DTS the ".1" designation. The ".1" signifies that the sixth channel is not full frequency, as it contains only deep bass frequencies (3 Hz to 120 Hz). Please note that "DTS" does not always equate to "DTS 5.1". Only when it says "DTS 5.1" explicitly can you be sure that the soundtrack consists of 5.1 discrete channels. Fortunately, the vast majority of DTS encoded DVDs are in fact DTS 5.1.
Wow! you just blew my mind. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #19
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I think the graphics look fine. I've played both and they look almost similiar. Xbox a is a tad better. But idc, graphics are good enough and the gameplay to me is better than last year so I'm happy.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #20
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
I think the graphics look fine. I've played both and they look almost similiar. Xbox a is a tad better. But idc, graphics are good enough and the gameplay to me is better than last year so I'm happy.
No way dude. I'm gonna guess ure a PS3 guy? Trying to convince yourself? Thanks for a wasted post.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #21
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksharp
No way dude. I'm gonna guess ure a PS3 guy? Trying to convince yourself? Thanks for a wasted post.

I have a 360 and have both demos downloaded, I don't play my xbox really though unless its with a few friends on COD, it's the only time I touch it. And no I'm not trying to convince myself. If I truly thought it was that much better on 360 and that important I'd buy it on xbox plain and simple.

To me the demos while yes are better on the 360, are not that much better to warrent a change in my primary systems.

So thinks for wasting a post by assuming stuff you didn't know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #22
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

Anyone?? Please.....
Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
You don't understand a comparison then say the 360 is better?

I mean it's clear that the 360 is better and that has got to be tough to swallow for PS3 guys.

I have both systems and I really want to get the PS3 version for ease of file transfers.

HOWEVER, I don't know if I can because damn the 360 is noticeably better.
Why is the PS3 easier to transfer files? I know how the ps3 works, I own one, but I am thinking about getting an xbox because I mostly play sports games and I was wondering what the difference is.

Also, for rosters, the xbox version has the locker thing, right?

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 06-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #24
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

OVR: 4

Ok so..
First of all it's not fair from the xbox guys to mock the ps3 guys just because the game is worst on ps3...it will come a time when a game will look way better on ps3 than on xbox...
Secondly it's also not fair that the EA Sports made this games different...why do they do their best on Xbox version and didn't care about the ps3 version?...

And i am ending with the hope that the ps3 full version will be improved from the demo...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »