Home

Anybody still playing NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on Anybody still playing NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #49
Rookie

guitarchitect7's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Anybody still playing NCAA 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
That's not true at all....

12 is just the new updated fresh game....it has a little more bells and whistles to it but nothing ground breaking

The excitement is like this every year about the new football game those who say they can't play NCAA 11 are usually the ones who have already traded the game in but in reality they are still playing the same game it's just an updated version with a few new improvements.

I'll actually be playing both games and enjoying both games but i'm not going to go out and act like this years version is something i've never seen before because at the end of the day the foundation of the game is still the same IMO

EA will promote the new Option Offense in NCAA 13 and those same guys will be on here saying they can't play NCAA 12 anymore.........

Then come NCAA 14 they will fix the CPU No Huddle offense and people will say they can't play NCAA 13 anymore

That's just the way it is when ever they add 1-2 new features to the game when in reality all of that stuff should really be fixed in ONE GAME at ONE TIME
Here's saying that they acknowledge that, that stuff needs fixed. But with their track record the last few years, I would have more faith in that.

The positive, is this is a good thing for the game. I know everyone has been looking for the next big thing, maybe for once they've got something good going here and they will now just build upon it without changing everything....
MLB: Chicago Cubs
NCAA: Iowa State Cyclones

Old 07-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

Picked it back up a couple of weeks ago but only played for a few days. Still a fun game.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarchitect7
Here's saying that they acknowledge that, that stuff needs fixed. But with their track record the last few years, I would have more faith in that.

The positive, is this is a good thing for the game. I know everyone has been looking for the next big thing, maybe for once they've got something good going here and they will now just build upon it without changing everything....
Eh, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

I'm expecting to go to the next gen of consoles next year or in two years and watch everything get all screwed up again. So, it takes 5 years until the game mostly gets it right, and then rinse/repeat. This generation of consoles has been horrible for sports gaming, which is really too bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #52
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Eh, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

I'm expecting to go to the next gen of consoles next year or in two years and watch everything get all screwed up again. So, it takes 5 years until the game mostly gets it right, and then rinse/repeat. This generation of consoles has been horrible for sports gaming, which is really too bad.
I'm scared to agree with this, but the pessimist in me thinks this will be the way things go.

BUT, I didn't know how badly Madden 06 had set back this generation's football games. If I understand the things that I've read (and I haven't read that much about it), every football game on current gen is based off Madden 06. We all know how bad Madden 06 was, so hopefully they will either tear it down and build from the ground up without the rush to get out a launch title, or they can continue making improvements based on all the improvements the game has seen since Madden 06.

But I don't know a whole lot concerning this area, so who knows what will happen.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 1

i think i'm going to keep playing 11 till madden comes out. i dont really see the poing of getting ncaa12 right now. i'll wait till its been out awhile , maybe get it used
Old 07-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

I took a long break but fired up my dynasty again about a month or so ago. All ready to go to start season 7 whenever I get home tonight.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 5

Dusted off NCAA 11 after about 10 months.

Made some conference changes. Swapped Big 10 and Big 12. TCU and WV to new big 12. A&M to SEC for Arkansas. Colorado to Pac 10 (Wash St to Wac). Boise St to MWC. Iowa St to Conf USA!

Put in coaching sliders and SECelite's game sliders. Began dynasty with Florida International. I let the CPU handle all recruiting (on All-American).

Late season clash, my 4-4 FIU vs 8-0 Troy at Troy. I lose my starting QB in 3rd quarter. Backup brings be back from 14-0 down. He throws a 65 yard hail mary on the last play of the game, we win 28-21.

Espn classic score of 2252!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #56
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm still playing NCAA 11. I got to year 2031 in my Indiana dynasty and then I decided I needed a new school to rebuild so I switched to Arizona and I'm currently 1-2 in year 2032.

I may start a separate dynasty and make some conference changes.

I'm glad I stuck with NCAA 11 after hearing how bad NCAA 12. NCAA 11 is a solid football game and it is still enjoyable after over a year of play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »