Home

Someone help me understand. RE: WVU Pro Combat

This is a discussion on Someone help me understand. RE: WVU Pro Combat within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8
Someone help me understand. RE: WVU Pro Combat

Now, I know that I can't get personal with this thread, but I'm simply at a loss for words.

First, let's look at something:

Game:

Real:

Can anyone point out the flaw? Anyone? I'm sure every single one of you would point out the obvious color error on the helmet, where it's a blue stripe instead of a black.

Now. I can understand the gold cleats, which are conspicuously blue and black. I'm sure those would be hard to program in correctly, so I can understand that. But can someone please explain to me how this happens?

You have people that get paid good money to do the art, including the uniforms. You have people that receive art from the companies of the uniforms ... very clear art. Heck, you could go on google and do a google search and you'll find the correct images starting with the first result.

How does something like this happen? Is it plain complacency? Are they took busy adjusting the size of Florida State's logo to correctly color WVU's alternate helmets, to ensure that WVU's ribbon boards are added (that are 3 years old and haven't been added), or ensure that WVU's defense is correctly portrayed? (with a dominating, fast DE that was left out).

You know I love this game series. I really do. And I want it to be the best it can be. But it's the little things like this that just shows me they don't get it. Maybe I'm off base, but that's just how I feel.

Are there any devs on this site? Can anyone explain to me what happened here, or at least give me some assurance that this is going to get fixed? Maybe in the next patch? It can't be that hard. I've been looking so forward to using these unis in game and they're not even represented properly, and it's shameful.

I'm sorry for the long rant, but I really can't believe they'd mess up something like this, especially with as much marketing Nike put into these Pro Combat promo deals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Someone help me understand. RE: WVU Pro Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty
Are they took busy adjusting the size of Florida State's logo to correctly color WVU's alternate helmets, to ensure that WVU's ribbon boards are added (that are 3 years old and haven't been added)

I don't think it really matters if the stadium ribbons are added. It's not like they work in the game anyway. That's why I'm not upset Ole Miss' isn't on their stadium. All it is, on the game, is just a black strip.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

OVR: 6

How is this EAs fault? They likely copied their replica of the helmet directly from a mop up from the school or nike...not from a google search.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:29 AM   #4
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
How is this EAs fault? They likely copied their replica of the helmet directly from a mop up from the school or nike...not from a google search.
How is it NOT EA's fault? They're making the game. You're telling me they can't take thirty seconds to fact check?

I guarantee you that WVU or Nike didn't send them the wrong thing. They messsed it up. Kind of like when WVU had the wrong colored gold pants in 2009/10, and if you wore all gold you had two completely different shades.

I got a PM from Adam Thompson at another site saying that it was an error and would be fixed the next year. So considering they messed up something as simple as proper colors in the pants, there's zero way I'll believe it was an error from Nike or the school.

I'm just trying to call it to attention on the off chance any devs see this thread so they can get it fixed.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #5
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

Quote:
How is it NOT EA's fault? They're making the game. You're telling me they can't take thirty seconds to fact check?

I guarantee you that WVU or Nike didn't send them the wrong thing. They messsed it up. Kind of like when WVU had the wrong colored gold pants in 2009/10, and if you wore all gold you had two completely different shades.

I got a PM from Adam Thompson at another site saying that it was an error and would be fixed the next year. So considering they messed up something as simple as proper colors in the pants, there's zero way I'll believe it was an error from Nike or the school.

I'm just trying to call it to attention on the off chance any devs see this thread so they can get it fixed.
So you're assuming? You're assuming that the school didn't send them an incorrect mock-up? Are you aware what they say about assuming?

It makes an ***(out of)u(and)me

Last edited by CMH; 07-01-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: cleaned language
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #6
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
So you're assuming? You're assuming that the school didn't send them an incorrect mock-up? Are you aware what they say about assuming?

It makes an a$$(out of)u(and)me
Oh come on, you're really going to give EA the benefit of the doubt when there's so many errors already in the game when it comes to uniforms? Blind defense is just as bad as blind hate.

For instance, using your argument I could also say it's also possible that you're a two foot tall midget with four arms. But I'll assume otherwise.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

Quote:
Oh come on, you're really going to give EA the benefit of the doubt when there's so many errors already in the game when it comes to uniforms? Blind defense is just as bad as blind hate.

For instance, using your argument I could also say it's also possible that you're a two foot tall midget with four arms. But I'll assume otherwise.
My defense is far from blind. It is a known fact that EA uses mock-ups to craft the uniforms that they use in the games, especially ones that are special or one-time use. I have reason to believe that the mock-up had an incorrect color.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:06 AM   #8
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Lol, that's not the flaw I saw when I first compared the pictures. Once I read what you said, I went back and checked. I thought, "Oh, what do you know. He's right. The stripe is a different color. Not what I was thinking though. Ok, next topic."

P.S. This video is for you OP.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 07-01-2011 at 03:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »