Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Serving as the moderator for this edition of Fact or Fiction, I wanted to ask some questions that echoed some of the sentiments I had been reading on the site in regards to the NCAA Football 12 demo.

Dustin Toms and Christian McLeod were the two participants this time around, and they had the opportunity to answer those questions.

Read More: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Excellent Excellent write-up... Bravo
Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Excellent Excellent write-up... Bravo
Agreed. And I concur with the opinions expressed in that write-up. After playing the demo and looking at the growing number of retail vids being put on YouTube, this is the most excited I've been for an NCAA Football game since '04.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

If I don't get NCAA and Madden early I may kill my neighbors cat?

FACT

Good write up! Nice read.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Nice write up agree with most of what you said. However, I disagree with what you were saying in response to jayson. Or at least the presentation part, the presentation has been poor compared to what NCAA Basketabll 10 was capable of doing in a couple months (adding CBS). Now I don't mean that EA needs CBS (though I wish they would) but rather that compared to other sports games the commentary is bland and the rest of the presentation is a disappointment, it is better than 11, but it is not the true ESPN broadcast feel that NCAA Basketball had. The replay cams absolutely kill the real presentation feel to me. I think they will be able to focus more on the presentation next year especially after seeing Madden 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
What is with the MLB the show misinformation?

A. It has good commentary? Jayson?

B. It doesn't have autosave/autoload? Christian?

Last edited by bukktown; 07-01-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Y in jayson
Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
As someone who dumped almost 11 months into NCAA 11, the gameplay improvements in the NCAA 12 demo were apparent within minutes of picking up the controller. Don't believe me? Play the demo for a few hours and then pop in NCAA 11. It's almost unplayable. You are free to believe that the game has not innovated as much as you expected, but to claim this game has not had enough gameplay refinements to differentiate itself from NCAA Football 11 is ridiculous.
truer words have never been spoken.

i wish people would understand this.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Well I disagree with you guys and I'm not a 2K fanboy that yearns for 2K5 to be renewed. I've been a long time NCAA guy and the demo did not feel that different to me from NCAA 11. I certainly expect NCAA 12 to be better but is it that much better to be called NCAA 12 rather than NCAA 11.5? Not in my mind. The cpu spread is still weak, I still see super leaping LBs, I still see a real lack of player momentum where the players are clearly video game players whose movements do not reflect reality. They ruined the r-stick juke move after ruining the truck move last year and the stiff arm hasn't really existed on the PS3. The only special RB move we have left is the unrealistic spin move.

I don't think the new tackling/collision system is that much different. It's not revolutionary in any way. We still don't have a true physics engine. The OL/DL interaction is still a very black and white affair with way too many pancakes. The upgraded presentation with game track and entrances is nice but that is offset but the very stale commentary.

To talk about the positives zone defences are better. I've read that cpu scrambles more in the retail version. I can only hope that the cpu can run the spread offence properly since it's such a huge part of college football. The super jumping LB is toned down but still exists. NCAA 11 was a good game and NCAA 12 is a more refined version of that but I don't see any revolutionary changes. To be fair I think you can say that for almost any sports game year to year.

For this game to become a monster of success I believe we need new commentary, a smarter cpu that actually plays like a human, and a true physics engine with realistic player movement. Just my two cents. I will be buying this game day one and I expect to have fun with my Michigan dynasty. I also expect to stop playing it once college football season is over as I don't think the game will be good enough to carry it year round.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-01-2011 at 12:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »