Home

How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

This is a discussion on How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #73
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I don't think it's sloppy or lazy at all. my guess would be that the conferences don't allow it and I know everyone goes nuts when they hear that, but it's probably the same reason we can't change the names or logos it's part of their identity
I disagree because the nly conference I can see objecting is the SEC because they have nowhere to go but down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Seriously folks, do you think that EA gets a licensing deal with NCAA and then gets approval to go do whatever they like? Nah, doesn't work like that. You cave on some demands of the licenser so that you can maintain your licensee status. Brand recognition of Conferences is indeed a big deal for the NCAA. Now you are allowed to change up the conference memberships anyway you like but they obviously, as some here have alluded to, aim to maintain the prestige of each conference thus what it becomes is a soft cap as to how most folks will go changing the conferences.

i agree, there are boundaries on their deal.

I guess because developers don't come right out and tell us that they fought for something but were overruled by Management or the NCAA itself then folks make the assumption that the developers did not want such in their game. I would say it is definitely more likely the devs wanted to have dynamic conference prestige but that they were stonewalled on it. I would also say it is the same on some of the other issues people are griping about and blaming dev's as if the dev's didn't recognize these faults while they were making the game.
I totally disagree here. It only makes sense that the devs have control of something like that. I couldn't see it being any other way So do you honestly believe that the Big East didn't want the chance to make the conference better? NO! I can't side with you on this part of the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Really? You honestly think that when EA came up with the rating grades for the conferences that they didn't show it to their contacts in the NCAA first before final approval is made on the ratings?
I think EA has total control of conference prestige. If they didn't the Big12, B1G, SEC and PAC 10 would probably have the same conference rating. I can't see them wanting to be less than a A.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #74
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Why would a 5 star go to a small school? Makes no sense.
Because they are highly rated in the pitches that matter most to that recruit with proximity to home being a big one.

sn: why can't I like post anymore? Was something posted about this?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #75
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Because they are highly rated in the pitches that matter most to that recruit with proximity to home being a big one.

sn: why can't I like post anymore? Was something posted about this?
You can still like posts. Click the thumbs up.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

This thread should have more posts. EA needs to know that this should be in the game. For conference prestige to not change over 60 yrs is stupid regardless of if you change them around. I don't believe many people are aware of this issue or it seems they don't care. I think they should care as it affects who plays in the NCG. Also, in college hoops 2k8 I always loved seeing which conferences where up and down.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I think this is farthest from the truth. I just think it was overlooked by the dev team or they couldn't figure out how to implement this and still start off with the current grades.

No, I just think they couldn't implement it correctly.
so you think they either overlooked or can't figure out how to implement this when it's proven they figured out how to do the same thing with every other recruit pitch? nope not buying that for a second it's much more likely that what I and He1nousOne1 are saying is accurate. some people just want to see EA as the big bad evil empire that's ruining lives by deliberately denying us certain features. If that's how you want to view it obviously nothing will change your mind so carry on and good luck in the future
Old 07-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #78
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
so you think they either overlooked or can't figure out how to implement this when it's proven they figured out how to do the same thing with every other recruit pitch? nope not buying that for a second it's much more likely that what I and He1nousOne1 are saying is accurate. some people just want to see EA as the big bad evil empire that's ruining lives by deliberately denying us certain features. If that's how you want to view it obviously nothing will change your mind so carry on and good luck in the future
In a game that allows school's academic prestige's to go down, it is a tough argument to make saying conferences wouldn't allow their game prestige to change.

Also, like I said earlier in this thread. If the NCAA did block them then they would have told us just like they did with Florida's white helmets, Akron's stadium, Indiana's stadium renovation, and multiple other issues. Instead what they did was remain completely quiet about it to let people be letdown when they found out.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3
It's not a blow that it's going to see me cancel my order. However it will make me have to reassess my conference realignments. Wanted to put the top non-AQ teams into a two division C-USA but now might need to put it in a MWC, which just seems weird having two Florida teams in a conference called Mountain West.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
In a game that allows school's academic prestige's to go down, it is a tough argument to make saying conferences wouldn't allow their game prestige to change.

Also, like I said earlier in this thread. If the NCAA did block them then they would have told us just like they did with Florida's white helmets, Akron's stadium, Indiana's stadium renovation, and multiple other issues. Instead what they did was remain completely quiet about it to let people be letdown when they found out.
okay, but that's not my main argument here. I'm just putting that out there because it makes more sense than anything anyone else has tried to argue which essentially is that EA is lazy or incapable. I'm sorry, but that theory has zero merit. as you said they figured out how to make your academic prestige go up and down so we're supposed to believe that all of sudden when it got to conf. prestige they either just threw up their hands and said we can't do it? or that they were just too tired to do it? for two years in a row? again sorry there's nothing anyone could say to convince me of this. it's just completely irrational.

I'm willing to move off the whole the conferences don't want us changing their prestige line of thinking if someone can provide a more likely scenario for it being left out than simply "EA is lazy and hates us all"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »