Home

How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

This is a discussion on How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
That doesnt make any sense at all. EA is the one that decides what prestige the conferences are in the first place. Heck if the conferences wouldnt allow that they sure as heck wouldnt allow you to move teams to different conferences.
Exactly. Its not like the ACC is going to want its schools removed from the game because it has a lower conference prestige than the big east. EA makes these ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #42
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Seriously folks, do you think that EA gets a licensing deal with NCAA and then gets approval to go do whatever they like? Nah, doesn't work like that. You cave on some demands of the licenser so that you can maintain your licensee status. Brand recognition of Conferences is indeed a big deal for the NCAA. Now you are allowed to change up the conference memberships anyway you like but they obviously, as some here have alluded to, aim to maintain the prestige of each conference thus what it becomes is a soft cap as to how most folks will go changing the conferences.

I guess because developers don't come right out and tell us that they fought for something but were overruled by Management or the NCAA itself then folks make the assumption that the developers did not want such in their game. I would say it is definitely more likely the devs wanted to have dynamic conference prestige but that they were stonewalled on it. I would also say it is the same on some of the other issues people are griping about and blaming dev's as if the dev's didn't recognize these faults while they were making the game.

I don't think you understand. If I moved Bama, Oregon, TCU, Florida, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Penn State, Boise St, tOSU, LSU and Texas to the Sun Belt, the Sun Belt better be and A+. Now If I 'stack' the SEC with the teams I had to vacate the Sun Belt with, the conference better not be anything above a B. I think its kind of dumb that we can take North Texas an make them a 6 star school or take Michigan and make them a 1 star but the conferences don't fluctuate in prestige based on the quality of the teams within them.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

To me this is huge for a few reasons:

1 - It really degrades the integrity of custom conferences. I (and many others) want to run a custom conf setup with 4 stacked super-conferences made of the 64 best teams in the land. This means no matter what i do, the SEC will have a big advantage even if i completely balance the top 64 out.

2 - The above is made much, much worse by EAs NCG selection logic. In the above setup i'll see 1 loss SEC teams pass undefeated conf champs from other super conferences.

3 - It takes away the fun of trying to build up a weaker conference.

4 - It limits the choices for those doing online dynasties. The recruiting and end of year ranking differances will limit the choices if you want to keep it fair.

5 - they way they dodge the repeated question just didn't sit right.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #44
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Really? You honestly think that when EA came up with the rating grades for the conferences that they didn't show it to their contacts in the NCAA first before final approval is made on the ratings?
You think a small conference like the Sun Belt is okay having the lowest possible grade as a conference? I think the MAC was a D+ for conference prestige one year. No way they'd allow themselves to be rated that low.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #45
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0

Has anyone checked to see if it slowly changes over time? For instance, if you put a bunch of weak teams in the SEC and all the strong teams in the Sun Belt, then simmed a bunchseasons, would their performance over time affect the conference?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
You think a small conference like the Sun Belt is okay having the lowest possible grade as a conference? I think the MAC was a D+ for conference prestige one year. No way they'd allow themselves to be rated that low.
and on the flip side of that coin the sec wouldn't allow themselves to be anything but A+
Old 07-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #47
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
I don't think you understand. If I moved Bama, Oregon, TCU, Florida, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Penn State, Boise St, tOSU, LSU and Texas to the Sun Belt, the Sun Belt better be and A+. Now If I 'stack' the SEC with the teams I had to vacate the Sun Belt with, the conference better not be anything above a B. I think its kind of dumb that we can take North Texas an make them a 6 star school or take Michigan and make them a 1 star but the conferences don't fluctuate in prestige based on the quality of the teams within them.
Of course I understand what you are saying. What you are speaking of is an idealistic viewpoint. I wish it was that way too. I also wish I wasn't stuck with having four teams in a conference and one independent. Yet here we are with these "strange" limitations huh? You are speaking to the choir because I understand your point.

I am speaking of the reality of the situation and why it would be the way it is instead of the usual "blame the devs" simplistic approach some of you take. So do try to not paint me as someone that doesn't understand the logic of why there SHOULD be dynamic conference prestige in the game. I wish there was such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
You think a small conference like the Sun Belt really has much of a say in the final say of the NCAA in the grading of these conferences? Those teams are just happy to be in the damn game.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
and on the flip side of that coin the sec wouldn't allow themselves to be anything but A+
So you guys think the ncaa and the conferences told the devs that the prestige ratings must be static and the sec must be the greatest conference forever. And Mike Slive said he would withdraw the sec from ncaa 12 if they allowed some kid to drop his conference's prestige to a B+ in 2014. If they came out and said they had trouble writing the code to make it dynamic I might buy it. But Im not buying the ncaa wont let em do it bs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »