Home

How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

This is a discussion on How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #49
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
And you could integrate it into an already created dynasty mode, and make sure it was bug-free? And make sure it was fluid with all the other features? On top of all of the other programming that they did this year with Coaching Carousel, RTG, etc?

Ok buddy.
Yep. Easily. The game already takes into account the conference prestige in various instances. That prestige is likely stored in variables they can be changed to accommodate each year's potential change to conference prestige. A simple set of code at the end of each season to compute the new value and reset those values is all that is needed. You clearly don't have a clue about how software works, so you might want to stop now.

Last edited by Bullet Sponge; 07-01-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #50
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppkid91
So you guys think the ncaa and the conferences told the devs that the prestige ratings must be static and the sec must be the greatest conference forever. And Mike Slive said he would withdraw the sec from ncaa 12 if they allowed some kid to drop his conference's prestige to a B+ in 2014. If they came out and said they had trouble writing the code to make it dynamic I might buy it. But Im not buying the ncaa wont let em do it bs.
Yep. Also, if the NCAA did block them EA definitely would have told us just like with Florida's white helmets, stadium additions, and other similar issues.

The fact that they ignored any questions about this shows that for whatever reason they decided not to put it in this year's game.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow this is so much bs. How could they not include dynamic conference ratings? The pretty much renders the whole custom conf. idea useless. I just don't understand. I consider this a huge blow a must for custom conferences. I don't buy the whole didn't have permission thing either. Hopefully they fix it in a patch if thats possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #52
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinwhitaker11
Wow this is so much bs. How could they not include dynamic conference ratings? The pretty much renders the whole custom conf. idea useless. I just don't understand. I consider this a huge blow a must for custom conferences. I don't buy the whole didn't have permission thing either. Hopefully they fix it in a patch if thats possible.
If someone is playing the game "realistically" it's not a HUGE issue since there are a few teams moved here and there and conferences remain relatively the same, but those of us who want to create a whole alternate universe of football really are hamstrug some by this.

The reason I have a problem thinking it's contractual is because I doubt these schools/conferences they pay a license fee to REALLY study the game that much. I would imagine it comes down to something like "give us money for use of our brand". If the SEC is perfectly okay with me replacing all their teams with FCS Teambuilder D- squads, I don't see they'd have some implicit restriction on a game element like conference prestige.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #53
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
If someone is playing the game "realistically" it's not a HUGE issue since there are a few teams moved here and there and conferences remain relatively the same, but those of us who want to create a whole alternate universe of football really are hamstrug some by this.

The reason I have a problem thinking it's contractual is because I doubt these schools/conferences they pay a license fee to REALLY study the game that much. I would imagine it comes down to something like "give us money for use of our brand". If the SEC is perfectly okay with me replacing all their teams with FCS Teambuilder D- squads, I don't see they'd have some implicit restriction on a game element like conference prestige.
I agree, the whole novelty of custom conferences is to create as ridiculous situations as you can think up. It doesn't make sense that they would let us fill the SEC with scrubs, but still let it retain it's high conference prestige.

Regardless of custom conferences, dynamic conference prestige should have been in the game anyways. The history of NCAA can be viewed by the waxing and waning of conference prestige. You can't tell me that all of the conferences out there today were always as prestigious as they are today.

I doubt they will put this in a patch, but I expect this will be in NCAA 13.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #54
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge

This is exactly the issue here. It's NOT the conferences, or custom conference would never be in. Someone could hate the SEC and destroy the conference if they wanted to. That does just as much damage as if their fictional prestige drops from A+ to B+. It's not like the brand of a conference is going to go down in real life due to a few kids messing with the conference in a video game.

UNC's basketball program dies about 5 or 6 years in the future almost every time on College Hoops 2k8. I never saw UNC flip out and tell 2k that it couldn't happen, and that they would only let Roy Williams retire if a good coach would replace him. I don't see how that's different than what we're discussing, besides a school compared to a conference.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
I agree, the whole novelty of custom conferences is to create as ridiculous situations as you can think up. It doesn't make sense that they would let us fill the SEC with scrubs, but still let it retain it's high conference prestige.

Regardless of custom conferences, dynamic conference prestige should have been in the game anyways. The history of NCAA can be viewed by the waxing and waning of conference prestige. You can't tell me that all of the conferences out there today were always as prestigious as they are today.

I doubt they will put this in a patch, but I expect this will be in NCAA 13.

The Southwest Conference is a perfect example. For decades they were probably an A, at least. But when SMU got the death penalty and Arkansas left a few years after that, they were probably more along the lines of a B, as they still were in the Bowl Alliance and Coaltion under everyone left.

I'm disappointed that it isn't dynamic, because it hurts my historical alignments a bit, mainly 91-95 with the addition of the Big East moving my Big Eight conference. I'm probably going to have to investigate a bit. I don't want to take the SWC out of the Cotton Bowl. I also don't think conference prestige is that much of a major recruiting point. I doubt a recruit would really turn me down since he was playing in C-USA instead of the Big 12 if he was still going to Oklahoma.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 31

None. I plan on keeping everything traditionally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »