Home

Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making

This is a discussion on Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #73
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making

My approach.......

Only 3 or 5 QBs with accuracy at 85. Everybody else 75 to 82. Even the dumbest QB with 50 awareness can put up 300 yards passing with 90 or higher accuracy.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
My approach.......

Only 3 or 5 QBs with accuracy at 85. Everybody else 75 to 82. Even the dumbest QB with 50 awareness can put up 300 yards passing with 90 or higher accuracy.
i would agree on default rosters only because i don't like to consider today's college players legendary players like Elway or Aikman type

But i've actually been able to have success with even 90 accuracy guys struggling at times with completions

Also i think a high awareness balances low accuracy very good...they tend to miss some throws but but because of their awareness they don't go throwing 3-4 picks a game because the game makes QB's brain dead out of the box

But again i will handle my the default rosters different from my Alumni legendary players in terms of awareness

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #75
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

So Playmaker what accuracy would you give Persa he has one of the highest completion % in college football history. Also Gotmadskills if you want it in that range then just add 10 to the completion % instead of 20 and it will be in that range. Looking up stuff i fond a formula that JeffHCross uses for awareness pretty good I think.
( -(Incompletions - Interceptions)*5 - Interceptions*30 - Sack Yards Lost ) / (Attempts + Sacks Taken)

Last edited by atlplayboy23; 07-05-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #76
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Playmaker, do you think if certain ratings were changed, the teams would play different, I use Miami hurricanes and they a couple players in the 90's or close. I honestly believe Miami is up and coming but not elite, Sean spence is a 89, which is fair but ray ray Armstrong is a 94, he's nowhere near a 94 In real life, I think the 2 best players are Lamar miller the running back and Sean spence, I just want Miami to be like real life.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I have been currently tampering with my TB roster before '12 comes out. I have no one over 89 OVR. I only have one person over 85 Awareness and only several over 80. No player has over 88 AGI. The only position with over 80 STR is OL, DL, and a TE. Only DBs have over 80 Pursuit. Only one player over 80 BRK. Only one over 80 BCV. Only 2 over 85 Catch.
I like where I have my ratings. I cant wait to test it in a game. I also want to see a CPu vs. CPU game with my TB team to see how the team plays
Old 07-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Playmaker, do you think if certain ratings were changed, the teams would play different, I use Miami hurricanes and they a couple players in the 90's or close. I honestly believe Miami is up and coming but not elite, Sean spence is a 89, which is fair but ray ray Armstrong is a 94, he's nowhere near a 94 In real life, I think the 2 best players are Lamar miller the running back and Sean spence, I just want Miami to be like real life.
I think EA uses the overall rating to determine outcomes in SIM mode probably has more to do with the overall TEAM rating

The Coaching sliders is how i would control a TEAM's STYLE of play

But in terms of actual gameplay on the field that you speak of I would ignore the overall and use the tendency based ratings to make up the players demeanor on the field....I think using tendencies to rate players is the best way to go in order to make a skill set stand out more

An example of tendency based players

My recreation of Peyton Manning and how he reacts if you blitz him

Recreation of Tony Dorsett as a shifty back you'll see he's always looking to making a move

This Captures Emmitt Smith perfectly not a lot of movement just straight ahead with a subtle juke move liek Emmitt did at times

Donovan Darius as a Big Hitter at safety

Fridge Perry as a Run Stuffing DT only

A roster file that uses PLAYER Tendencies IMO brings out the best gameplay but that also means a reduction in overall ratings which some people might not like.

Player A who is a less talented player than Player B might be rated by tendencies to be a POWER BACK and his overall ratings makes him a 86

Player B might be more talented but he's rated as SPEED BACK and his overall is only 80....

Well some people might feel Player B got shafted especially if he's a All-American and Player A just happens to play for some small program like Akron they will immediatley boost up Player B's ratings just to make him a higher overall.

That way of thinking to me is WRONG but it's what we see all the time on these boards because the OVERALL RATING of a player is looked at more and used to judged his IMPACT on the field

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

Personally, I rated quarterbacks using their real life completion percentage +20 to equal their awareness. For arm strength, I used a scale with 95=elite (Katz, Barkley), 90=Can make every throw (Landry,Crist), 85=Can make most NFL throw, but probably floats deep balls a little bit (Luck, Tannehill), 80=Weak NFL arm (Moore,Keenum), and 75=Decent college arm. I upped accuracy to get quarterback to desired overall rating.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #80
Rookie

To_Trill_Too_View209's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think EA uses the overall rating to determine outcomes in SIM mode probably has more to do with the overall TEAM rating

The Coaching sliders is how i would control a TEAM's STYLE of play

But in terms of actual gameplay on the field that you speak of I would ignore the overall and use the tendency based ratings to make up the players demeanor on the field....I think using tendencies to rate players is the best way to go in order to make a skill set stand out more

An example of tendency based players

My recreation of Peyton Manning and how he reacts if you blitz him

Recreation of Tony Dorsett as a shifty back you'll see he's always looking to making a move

This Captures Emmitt Smith perfectly not a lot of movement just straight ahead with a subtle juke move liek Emmitt did at times

Donovan Darius as a Big Hitter at safety

Fridge Perry as a Run Stuffing DT only

A roster file that uses PLAYER Tendencies IMO brings out the best gameplay but that also means a reduction in overall ratings which some people might not like.

Player A who is a less talented player than Player B might be rated by tendencies to be a POWER BACK and his overall ratings makes him a 86

Player B might be more talented but he's rated as SPEED BACK and his overall is only 80....

Well some people might feel Player B got shafted especially if he's a All-American and Player A just happens to play for some small program like Akron they will immediatley boost up Player B's ratings just to make him a higher overall.

That way of thinking to me is WRONG but it's what we see all the time on these boards because the OVERALL RATING of a player is looked at more and used to judged his IMPACT on the field
Loving the video's. But yea some ppl will " boost up Player B's rating just because he a all-american or that they favorite team or players". Im the type of person that doesn't play the favorite players theme if u understand what im sayin right there im tryin get a whole year n half worth of great gameplay vs the cpu. So i'll take the re-rating of rosters or player over the favorite player theme ya know
Ncaa FB: Usc Trojans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »