Home

Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making

This is a discussion on Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Rookie

Emac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making

This comes from my experience with '09 which I went back to recently, but it seems that if you raise the QB accuracy slider all the way to 100, it effects not just the QB's awareness, but also seems to impact ball carrier vision. You will also see QBs scramble. This sounds crazy but seriously I got so sick of watching the AI throw so many interceptions that I jacked up the CPU's QB accuracy slider all the way to 100 and noticed that it seemed to enhance every offensive player's awareness. Suddenly, ball carriers were running more like humans, and the option even worked on occasion on '09 where the QB is running in cement. So I have a suspicion that the QB accuracy slider is tied to the awareness rating for the offense, and possibly the ball carrier vision rating as well. It also works on '11. When you lower the accuracy slider, the RBs act like idiots and don't even seem to know how to run in open field. But as soon as you raise the accuracy slider back up, it is a whole new game.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
So.......if I want more take out the legs tackles and less diving into your gut tackles......

I would simply raise their tackle rating and lower their hit power ?

Another question.......

Your opinion on return rating ? To me it doesn't do what it states it does.
ON 11 yes that was the case again 12 may be different because the new tackle animations remember

For kick return that rating only works for SIM MODE....has no effect at all for actual games as you notice the rating doesn't increase or decrease anyone's overall ability

In fact i think the important rating overall for the CPU's return game is their special teams blocking ability....CPU return man has to have good vision aswell but his blockers on special teams are usually pathetic out of the box

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Ok......so what are your opinions on Hit power and tackle ratings ?

Does having one higher or lower trigger certain animations or AI logic ?
I spent most of my time focusing on this rating more than any other.

I noted my findings that how Hit Power is more of an "Agressiveness" towards "The Ball" more so than the ball carrier and causing fumbles.

I wish I had made videos to show.

I found that Aggressive animations to the ball really added another level to CPU controlled Def Players.

They tend to flow hard to the ball helping on PA Roll-Outs and WR Reverses.

I wish I had a copy to see if Hit Power would make Off WR more aggressive towards getting the ball in the air instead of doing that Basket Catch animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emac
This comes from my experience with '09 which I went back to recently, but it seems that if you raise the QB accuracy slider all the way to 100, it effects not just the QB's awareness, but also seems to impact ball carrier vision. You will also see QBs scramble. This sounds crazy but seriously I got so sick of watching the AI throw so many interceptions that I jacked up the CPU's QB accuracy slider all the way to 100 and noticed that it seemed to enhance every offensive player's awareness. Suddenly, ball carriers were running more like humans, and the option even worked on occasion on '09 where the QB is running in cement. So I have a suspicion that the QB accuracy slider is tied to the awareness rating for the offense, and possibly the ball carrier vision rating as well. It also works on '11. When you lower the accuracy slider, the RBs act like idiots and don't even seem to know how to run in open field. But as soon as you raise the accuracy slider back up, it is a whole new game.
I actually just created a thread the other day regarding CPU Running Logic in the open field

It has more to do with poor pursuit ratings of the RB's and their ball carrier vision ratings combined together....

I use the CPU QBA at 25 on Varsity level and the RB's find open lanes as if they are Heisman level RB's

I took down all the videos but anyone who read the thread can attest the RB's had great vision logic that I edited....if your on XBOX 360 you can test it out download my file witht the sliders and you'll see the RB's are very smart in the game

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Good stuff gentlemen. The tackle thing was the one thing that always did bother me. I seen way too many hit you in the gut tackles, but very few take out the legs tackles and not enough actual wrap tackles.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Good stuff gentlemen. The tackle thing was the one thing that always did bother me. I seen way too many hit you in the gut tackles, but very few take out the legs tackles and not enough actual wrap tackles.
I'll get together some videos of those tackles and post them Sunday.....they are really down well by EA but as you say at default there's not enough of them in the game.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

Is it a strange thing that I actually get more enjoyment out of testing these theories and seeing those theories in motion than actual play time.

I guess I'm weird like that.

Strange that I'm getting more excited as we talk about this stuff more than the actual game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #16
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
PM, one of your original points is that some people think AWR only affects sim games. I think you may be confusing what I said last year that when simming, only AWR matters when it comes to QB stats.

It doesn't mean that AWR doesn't affect players on the field, just that during simmed games, THP and THA are pretty much irrelevant and AWR determines a QB's stats.

I enjoy your breakdowns.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »