Home

Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

This is a discussion on Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Quote:
You attack a user (even something as little as calling someone an idiot) and you are banned permanently
WOW that is going WAY overboard. Thats like cutting off somebodies hand for stealing a candy bar. The punishment needs to be in proportion to the crime. One little mistake should not get permanently banned. Maybe a week ban, but a permanent ban is insane.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
what if someone else is bashing the devs and we quote them in some way, but disagree with them, is that bannable as well?
Seems just about any little mistake in bannable. Your going to have to be perfect if you want to keep posting here.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte8066
Thats a bit harsh as a person who every year buys the ea sports games and every year is disappointed in what they make (and they are so proud of what they make) shouldn't I be allowed my First amendment right of freedom of speech?
No one is saying you can't discuss why you are disappointed with the game and I don't see anything in this post that would even lead you to believe that.

Act maturely, discuss maturely and you have nothing to worry about. Saying EA SUCKS!!! is not acting maturely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
WOW that is going WAY overboard. Thats like cutting off somebodies hand for stealing a candy bar. The punishment needs to be in proportion to the crime. One little mistake should not get permanently banned. Maybe a week ban, but a permanent ban is insane.
I don't get this argument.

It's very simple. Attack the post, not the poster. It's not a "little mistake" its a blatant post. There is a distinct difference between the two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

OVR: 6

Thank god. No more seeing people whine about rosters.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
Seems just about any little mistake in bannable. Your going to have to be perfect if you want to keep posting here.
You keep using the word mistake.

Anything someone would be banned for is not a mistake.

It's really very simple.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #14
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
"- DON'T ATTACK THE DEVELOPERS
I don't want to see you attack any developers on this site, including EA Sports in this forum. You don't like something about the game, post it constructively and post your opinion ON THE PROBLEM. DO NOT ATTACK THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE GAME. This will soon be added to our TOS, it's just being rolled out here first. And yes, your sarcastic attempts at attacks (Thanking EA tongue in cheek IS COVERED under this rule) count. You will be banned permanently." -------------- Thats a bit harsh as a person who every year buys the ea sports games and every year is disappointed in what they make (and they are so proud of what they make) shouldn't I be allowed my First amendment right of freedom of speech?
First off, why would you buy the game every year if you are just disappointed in it every year? Second, there are no first amendment rights on OS. It is a privately owned site. You agree to the terms set forth by the owner when you register. If you break those terms you can be banned.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
"- DON'T ATTACK THE DEVELOPERS
I don't want to see you attack any developers on this site, including EA Sports in this forum. You don't like something about the game, post it constructively and post your opinion ON THE PROBLEM. DO NOT ATTACK THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE GAME. This will soon be added to our TOS, it's just being rolled out here first. And yes, your sarcastic attempts at attacks (Thanking EA tongue in cheek IS COVERED under this rule) count. You will be banned permanently." -------------- Thats a bit harsh as a person who every year buys the ea sports games and every year is disappointed in what they make (and they are so proud of what they make) shouldn't I be allowed my First amendment right of freedom of speech?

"- NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE ROSTERS
The rosters aren't real. #21 for Oregon is NOT LAMICHAEL JAMES. If a player in the game resembles a real life player, so be it. But I no longer want to see "Why does so and so have dreads? EA Sucks!" because it's not the player. It is a generic representation of an NCAA athlete. THIS WILL BE A BANNABLE OFFENSE. - Heres where I call B.S. ..... if the game is not based on real people from the real teams like the Ben producer has said many times why does team builder still have a QB #2 whos "attributes" and height and size and number are exactly what Pryors would have been if he had not left OSU.... That is why I should BE ALLOWED to BASH rosters. It is a bold face lie from the producers of the game. Because Ben himself stated its not based on the people but what they have and OSU doesn't have anyone close to that kid anyone more or less his attributes...."
Please go look at the first amendment. You, like a lot of people, are mistaken in thinking it applies in the private sector.

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Gamertag: stewgilligan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Lol at someone believing this violates their constitutional rights.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »