Home

Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

This is a discussion on Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #49
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtheRed
So we can only use Yellow words and not Red words while posting in the forums? and we can't say anything negative towards developers? ok, should I expect most of the posts in here to be somewhat one-sided (more to the wow this is awesome side?). That's cool
You are more than welcome to discuss the problems with the game. You can be as negative as you wish. But the second you cross the line into attacking people, you're gone.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold

He's pretty much saying that he is laughing at the person dumb enough to think that it violates their constitutional rights. So, I don't see how you can turn that one away from being anything but laughing at the guy's face.

I don't think bkrich should be banned, but I definitely don't think he was just "laughing at the ridiculousness of the post". What's the difference really? To laugh at someone's idea or to laugh at their face? Both make the poster feel stupid I think.
Semantics really. I guess I should have said lol at the notion that this violates someones constitutional rights.

If you say something that ridiculous in any forum whether it's at the dinner table, on a subway car or an internet forum, you're probably going to draw a similiar reaction. My intention wasn't to insult the poster, but to point out how absurd such a notion is. I mean really. Do people really think the 1st amendment would apply here? Sadly I think some do. But that's another discussion.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
WOW that is going WAY overboard. Thats like cutting off somebodies hand for stealing a candy bar. The punishment needs to be in proportion to the crime. One little mistake should not get permanently banned. Maybe a week ban, but a permanent ban is insane.
Well they won't steal again will they?!?... I personally think it should be mandatory but let's.not discuss my politics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #52

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Guys,

It isn't difficult.

We aren't saying you can't voice your opinion and we encourage you to do so. We just ask that you do it the right way. There really is no other way to state it.

Last edited by kehlis; 07-02-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #53
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

My opinion is: If you aren't sure if your post is constructive enough, edit it or don't post it at all.

What I usually find most confusing about the confusion is that the people that have been here for longer than a few months are the ones that are most concerned about not being able to voice their negative opinions openly.

You're still here, which should prove that you've been doing a swell enough job. Just keep that up.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-03-2011, 03:09 AM   #54
Rookie

HeresJohnny's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok, I've read this just now as I've joined (Rookie, excuse me) but it already seems as if this site is run by developers. We as college football fans, as well as video game fans should be able to freely voice our opinions as we feel. I'm not saying attacking, cussing, or anything of that matter but if we feel that there is a problem, unfairness, or something we don't like about the game we should be able to come here to talk about it, as well as what we like about the game. How does the game improve if we don't let them know what's wrong and what we like. I can see this by viewing this thread and seeing that half the people have been banned for probably criticizing the product. Just thought I'd weigh in to see if this is the right site for me...
Old 07-03-2011, 03:14 AM   #55
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeresJohnny
Ok, I've read this just now as I've joined (Rookie, excuse me) but it already seems as if this site is run by developers. We as college football fans, as well as video game fans should be able to freely voice our opinions as we feel. I'm not saying attacking, cussing, or anything of that matter but if we feel that there is a problem, unfairness, or something we don't like about the game we should be able to come here to talk about it, as well as what we like about the game. How does the game improve if we don't let them know what's wrong and what we like. I can see this by viewing this thread and seeing that half the people have been banned for probably criticizing the product. Just thought I'd weigh in to see if this is the right site for me...
Trust me you will be fine. You can point out everything you hate about the game as long as you don't do it in an ignorant way. As long as you aren't bashing for the sake of bashing it is fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #56
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeresJohnny
You are allowed to criticize the game. Just dont attack people and be mature about it and you wont have any problems.

Dont say that EA sucks and the devs dont do anything.

Talk about the problem and if possible a solution that would fix it.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »