Home

Conference Prestige ratings?

This is a discussion on Conference Prestige ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #25
Rookie

lionden_56's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Conference Prestige ratings?

But it does have a big impact on the BCS polls at the end of the year. As someone who has been undeafeated from the ACC and didn't get into the National Title game behind a 1 loss team from the SEC, it is pretty annoying knowing that you're ALWAYS going to get jobbed like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
As far as I know, it's all based on someone swapping teams and not seeing any changes, but it could happen after year 1. So maybe we'll get it in some form. Won't kill me in the end as I think my setups are satisfactory. Conference prestige isn't like the king of recruiting pitches. OU in the Sun Belt is still going to get recruits. Akron in the SEC won't suddenly start pulling in a top 10 recruiting class.
No, but a one-loss Akron from an SEC completely made up of real life MAC teams would be ranked ahead of an undefeated OU from a Sunbelt made up of all the best teams in the game unless the poll logic has been changed from last year. That's pretty big.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionden_56
But it does have a big impact on the BCS polls at the end of the year. As someone who has been undeafeated from the ACC and didn't get into the National Title game behind a 1 loss team from the SEC, it is pretty annoying knowing that you're ALWAYS going to get jobbed like that.
But then someone said they went undefeated as Kentucky and got passed over. The ranking formula period needs to be working on. I'd like to know what convoluted formula they are using.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #28
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
It only affects recruiting and I doubt it is a make-or-break pitch. If I'm Oklahoma in the Sun Belt, I highly doubt someone turns me down because I'm in the Sun Belt. It's just there to be there, I'm hoping.
Thi effects ranking too as the pole logic is tied to the conference prestige.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
No, but a one-loss Akron from an SEC completely made up of real life MAC teams would be ranked ahead of an undefeated OU from a Sunbelt made up of all the best teams in the game unless the poll logic has been changed from last year. That's pretty big.
But we don't know that yet. Guess we'll find out in a week. Maybe it has to do with your name. Kentucky getting passed over would indicate that is possible. Did anyone actually switch out whole conferences in NCAA 11? Switch the entire ACC with the entire SEC, go undefeated, and see what happens.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
But we don't know that yet. Guess we'll find out in a week. Maybe it has to do with your name. Kentucky getting passed over would indicate that is possible. Did anyone actually switch out whole conferences in NCAA 11? Switch the entire ACC with the entire SEC, go undefeated, and see what happens.
I don't know if anyone has tried that. What you are suggesting is that the game would look at program prestige rather than conference prestige. However, I have seen many people complain about going undefeated for multiple years with a Texas or a Miami and never even getting to the NC game.

I haven't tested that first hand but these are 5* and 6* programs from relatively weaker conferences, which led people to conclude that conference prestige played a significant role in the poll logic.

And while I did not go undefeated, I remember starting a dynasty with Miami in 09 or 10 and having a painfully slow climb up the polls as a one loss team having beaten a few ranked teams while SEC and Big Ten teams with 2 and 3 losses were ranked ahead of me. I did not finish that season so I don't know how it would have turned out in the end (I played 10 games or so).
Old 07-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA should just use the Colley computer poll for rankings(its one of the computer polls used in the real life BCS. The Colley formula is available to the public sp its something EA could easily implement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
EA should just use the Colley computer poll for rankings(its one of the computer polls used in the real life BCS. The Colley formula is available to the public sp its something EA could easily implement.
Yea, I've said this multiple times. Use some computer polls that are out there, whether it is Colley or other fan-made systems that have shown to be pretty solid over the last few years. So what it's not the real deal; what we have now is only realistic in that it takes 2 human polls and some "computer" poll, when they are actually all computers. Keep the human polls in there for fun, but turn down their impact in the formula.

It would be nice if it used all the BCS computers, but as 5 of them are secret codes kept in a safe it seems, I doubt EA is able to use them either. I don't have the patience nor the time or the ability, but it sure would be nice to reverse engineer what they have, but it seems like it is one big jumbled mess as it is essentially 3 codes. Something as human polling logic is too difficult to program and keep it realistic. You can put in bias for teams or conferences, but there has to be a lot more to it than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »