Home

CPU FG logic still broken in NCAA 12 (Heisman level only)

This is a discussion on CPU FG logic still broken in NCAA 12 (Heisman level only) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: CPU FG logic still broken in NCAA 12 (Heisman level only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Does anyone know if this has even been brought up to a dev?
I'm pretty sure you have already been given the answer to your question. Unfortunately you seem to think just because the level of difficulty "SHOULDN'T" do something odd to game play actually means that it DOESN'T. Many people have commented about how the game "cheats" on Heisman, just because you refuse to accept that fact doesn't make it UNTRUE.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #10
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
I'm pretty sure you have already been given the answer to your question. Unfortunately you seem to think just because the level of difficulty "SHOULDN'T" do something odd to game play actually means that it DOESN'T. Many people have commented about how the game "cheats" on Heisman, just because you refuse to accept that fact doesn't make it UNTRUE.
So you think that each level of game play should alter the mechanics of a football simulation engine. To me this a joke, basic game play that was correct in NCAA 05 shouldn't be butchered in the same game five years later. None the less back to back years. The point of this thread is not to complain, but to get something accomplished other than catchy statements by other members. The fact is, I want to be able to enjoy the game and AA last year was not fun or a realistic challenge.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:34 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
So you think that each level of game play should alter the mechanics of a football simulation engine. To me this a joke, basic game play that was correct in NCAA 05 shouldn't be butchered in the same game five years later. None the less back to back years. The point of this thread is not to complain, but to get something accomplished other than catchy statements by other members. The fact is, I want to be able to enjoy the game and AA last year was not fun or a realistic challenge.
No, I don't think thats the way it SHOULD BE, but I DO think thats the way it unfortunately IS. I do agree with you, but the way you kinda told off Playmakers makes me think that you actually don't believe that Heisman level is meant to be the way it is. But it IS. I cannot wait for the game play in NCAA and MADDEN to get better. ( I DO think NCAA is the better game of the two) ( I have already made a few catches in the demo running into the back of a CB and they wouldn't turn around to make the tackle, and this was on All American though, I am hopeful this is just "demo" stuff though)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Developers Ben and Russ both stated for the past 4 years the different level of difficulties alters the way the cpu AI plays.

Game is tuned to All American, that is the only level that doesn't see a boost or substraction on either side.

Heisman level CPU gets a boost and are more aggressive just for the sake of aggression and the user receives a substraction in abilities.

Varisty and Freshmen user gets a boost, cpu AI gets a substraction.

That is just the way it is, plain and simple.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Developers Ben and Russ both stated for the past 4 years the different level of difficulties alters the way the cpu AI plays.

Game is tuned to All American, that is the only level that doesn't see a boost or substraction on either side.

Heisman level CPU gets a boost and are more aggressive just for the sake of aggression and the user receives a substraction in abilities.

Never knew this. Good info.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Kind of ironic how the CPU gets more aggressive on Heisman with blitzing and it in turn makes the game easier.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Like the old saying goes:

You live by the blitz, you will die by the blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Well that's what i was trying to explain to him earlier but it was apparent he was not trying to hear me LOL!

So there you go straight from the head honcho himself heisman level as stated earlier gives the CPU a boost up and makes them more aggressive

I think this is why the CPU QB looks to throw the ball at all cost on heisman level and not run as much aswell.

It shouldn't be that way like you stated but hey we aren't the guys who make the decisions and until EA changes it if you play on this level then you have to be ready to accept the things that come along with it good or bad

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »