Home

Come on, EA... Washington Huskies?

This is a discussion on Come on, EA... Washington Huskies? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #17
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Come on, EA... Washington Huskies?

I'm a little too busy to do it but someone should make a thread where they ask people to list the problems with uniforms and stadiums. Then the OP can update the first page with all the problems listed so that the entire list can be submitted to EA for next year's game. If they have one big list in front of them it may be easier to make sure they correct all the issues. Seeing a post here and there can be a little daunting. I'll try to do it if no one else can, but it just wouldn't be updated often ha.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #18
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

Nvm uniform 4.0 already talks about it ha
Old 07-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #19
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Teambuilder...
Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #20
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
Teambuilder...
But then your team doesn't have the entrance or commentary that it normally does.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #21
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
As someone who buys this game every single year, I must say that I am pretty disappointed and for the first time since the game's inception, I might not be a buyer this year.

I am a visuals guy and I like things to be correct (uniforms and stadiums). Now, I don't get up in arms over the small stuff. If a jersey font is a bit off, it doesn't bother me. If a helmet has the wrong face mask color, I don't get bent out of shape. I realize that getting 120+ teams accurate from a graphical sense is tough and mistakes will be made.

But for three years now, I have contributed to a couple of different forums that discuss uniform and stadium updates. For three years, I've posted pictures of Husky Stadium and how the color of their end zones have changed. For two years, they painted the end zones gold in real life. Last year, they played a few home games with purple end zones. I even sent a couple of the developers an e-mail (with pictures). I said, "I know it can't be fixed this year, but here's some pictures so you can get the end zones right next year."

I got an e-mail back from one of them, thanking me for my contribution.

In a video I watched of NCAA 12 that had Washington playing WSU, I immediately saw that the end zones have still not been updated. Also, Washington got new home uniforms last year, in which I also advised the EA team of. In the video, they are wearing their home uniforms from two years ago.

I am not a complainer but this is pretty frustrating for me. I realize Washington is not a powerhouse and won't get the love that some of the other big schools get, but we're not bottom dwellers in a weak conference, either. We're a BCS team. They got WSU's new uniforms in (despite the helmet being wrong) but U-Dub goes untouched? I just don't get it.

Ben Haumiller said the team prides themselves on getting the stadiums and uniforms updated, the things that often change year to year. He said they listen to the community. I know I'm not the only Washington fan who let the team know about the changes.

Sorry, Husky fans. I hate complaining and starting threads like this, but this really sucks. It wasn't like these were updates that happened within the last six months, we're talking at least two years and it's still all wrong.
I hear you man. It is frustrating when your team is the one that isn't correct. Alabama's uniforms aren't correct either and it sucks. For some reason EA thinks Alabama wears maroon instead of crimson with white face masks instead of gray. I, like you, pointed this out with detailed pictures in multiple threads last year showing the inaccuracies and even PM'd a Dev about it. Even with visual evidence the Dev said he didn't see anything wrong with the way they had it in the game. When I heard that I knew I was fighting a lost cause, but I still tried anyway. To make it worse this year, an Alabama player is on the cover of the game and they still didn't get the uniforms right. That's just mind boggling to me. I mean, just look at your own game cover and see the differences.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #22
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
I hear you man. It is frustrating when your team is the one that isn't correct. Alabama's uniforms aren't correct either and it sucks. For some reason EA thinks Alabama wears maroon instead of crimson with white face masks instead of gray. I, like you, pointed this out with detailed pictures in multiple threads last year showing the inaccuracies and even PM'd a Dev about it. Even with visual evidence the Dev said he didn't see anything wrong with the way they had it in the game. When I heard that I knew I was fighting a lost cause, but I still tried anyway. To make it worse this year, an Alabama player is on the cover of the game and they still didn't get the uniforms right. That's just mind boggling to me. I mean, just look at your own game cover and see the differences.

Alabama's facemasks are gray on my game. They were gray on NCAA11 and they are gray on the NCAA12 demo.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #23
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm with you Apostle. I usually don't get bothered too much by this kind of stuff, but it's because I kept figuring it might be fixed next year. I was pretty disappointed when I didn't see the updated uniforms or the end zones in Husky Stadium in that video. Well ... hopefully next year.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
Welcome to the club, I'm sure you'll meet a lot of ECU fans here...

Maybe EA doesn't like the color purple?
Iowa fans feel for ya man.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »