Home

Come on, EA... Washington Huskies?

This is a discussion on Come on, EA... Washington Huskies? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #25
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Come on, EA... Washington Huskies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Alabama's facemasks are gray on my game. They were gray on NCAA11 and they are gray on the NCAA12 demo.
Uhh...no they are not.

Here's a picture from NCAA 11:

What is gray about those face masks?

Here's a picture from my Teambuilder Alabama from NCAA 11 with gray face masks:

Here's a reference photo:
Old 07-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #26
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Uhh...no they are not.

Here's a picture from NCAA 11:

What is gray about those face masks?

Here's a picture from my Teambuilder Alabama from NCAA 11 with gray face masks:

Here's a reference photo:
You have got to be kidding me? That tiny difference in color is what is upsetting you? Man the uniforms I can understand, seeing as there is a clear difference between Crimson and Maroon, but that facemask is hardly noticable.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 8

The people that freak out about uniforms such as socks and facemask colors are the people that kind of worry me in life. It's just a video game when it all comes down to it, much more important things in life to bitch and worry about.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #28
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
You have got to be kidding me? That tiny difference in color is what is upsetting you? Man the uniforms I can understand, seeing as there is a clear difference between Crimson and Maroon, but that facemask is hardly noticable.
I can't even really tell the difference...
Old 07-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #29
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

That's the thing....there really isn't a difference. I see gray facemasks when I play Alabama. Only time I saw white...was in NCAA10.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #30
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

I have come to believe throughout these many threads that I'm pretty lucky that EA managed to get Clemson right. Even having one of the first team entrances last year, the west-end zone expansion correct etc. I never really worried about those things and I thought to myself that I wouldn't care if they didn't a certain part of Clemson correct whether it be the stadium, uniforms, etc.

But that's just me. I see so many threads now on how their team is wrong and I can sympthasize with them now. I realize it really would suck for your team to be wrong out of the hundreds that were right. It would probably ruin the immersion if the flaw was big enough. I feel sorry for anyone who has to constantly remind EA to fix their team just for it to not be fixed the next year. Pathetic.

I know EA sends up mocks of their uniforms and stadiums to the schools to get it approved but seriously...what college institution is going to comb over the uniform and stadium and see the flaws we do? I'm sure they take a quick glance and approve it. They have bigger stuff to do. I just really think EA's art department needs to make a check list off the Uniform updates thread and one by one fix them. How hard can it be to change grey to white on the facemasks? Changing hex numbers isn't that time consuming....
Old 07-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #31
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRag
I have come to believe throughout these many threads that I'm pretty lucky that EA managed to get Clemson right. Even having one of the first team entrances last year, the west-end zone expansion correct etc. I never really worried about those things and I thought to myself that I wouldn't care if they didn't a certain part of Clemson correct whether it be the stadium, uniforms, etc.

But that's just me. I see so many threads now on how their team is wrong and I can sympthasize with them now. I realize it really would suck for your team to be wrong out of the hundreds that were right. It would probably ruin the immersion if the flaw was big enough. I feel sorry for anyone who has to constantly remind EA to fix their team just for it to not be fixed the next year. Pathetic.

I know EA sends up mocks of their uniforms and stadiums to the schools to get it approved but seriously...what college institution is going to comb over the uniform and stadium and see the flaws we do? I'm sure they take a quick glance and approve it. They have bigger stuff to do. I just really think EA's art department needs to make a check list off the Uniform updates thread and one by one fix them. How hard can it be to change grey to white on the facemasks? Changing hex numbers isn't that time consuming....
Okay...in response to the school and approval. I worked for Ole Miss for several years while I was in school there. Schools are funny about approval stuff. Half the time they don't pay it no mind when they get the sketches....and just sometimes approve it without looking it over....mostly because there are more important things to worry about in the department. And when they do see something wrong....they just say no approval and sometimes don't give anything in return. Now....I don't know if other schools were like that or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #32
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Uhh...no they are not.
They are. Check the helmet on teambuilder. They just look weird in NCAA's light, but they are most definitely grey as are Boise's.

Now the jersey needing to be a little lighter I can see, but the facemasks are the correct color.

I do find it weird that UW got their alternate and away uniform updated but not the home.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »