Home

Mascots, Cheerleaders, and now Bands!

This is a discussion on Mascots, Cheerleaders, and now Bands! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5
Mascots, Cheerleaders, and now Bands!

I'm not one to really complain, at least start a thread about complaining. But these 3 are just a few little things that are usually pushed to the back burner. Okay so this year they add the bands, but as well as the cheerleaders leave out their logos, not so bad, but still come on EA, you have heard us argue over this point for years, so just add the damn logos. Now the big point of this thread is Mascots. There are so many left out, lets just put them in. There was a big hoo-rah last year about adding new mascots and this year they just forget them at all. The point here being lets give a shout out to EA for '13 for all the missing mascots that you see on Saturdays that you want to see in the upcoming football titles. For me I have to say they need to add Arkansas State's mascot "Howl"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Mascots, Cheerleaders, and now Bands!

most of the mascots added this year were the living animal ones. I think Baylor's Bruiser was also added this year, but it's obvious that the living ones got the most attention when it came to mascots.

Still curious why they still didn't added Texas Tech's actual mascot+horse in a year where they added animals to the game.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
most of the mascots added this year were the living animal ones. I think Baylor's Bruiser was also added this year, but it's obvious that the living ones got the most attention when it came to mascots.

Still curious why they still didn't added Texas Tech's actual mascot+horse in a year where they added animals to the game.
Or Bullet at Oklahoma State.

They obviously have a horse model, can't you just paint it black? Having Bullet take the field after every TD would have been a nice touch. Oh well, it's not a big deal. I think the Art Team does a very good job on the game so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

EA talked a lot about great intros for teams but only a few I've seen so far are anything to get excited about. I do like FSU's though, and Colorado's looks cool. Texas was pretty decent.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

In no way am I knocking the devolpers this year. They did really good in the effort section of a grading scale. The years to come will always have more stuff added in. But I'm eager to see all 120 teams get mascots or something at least. Hell some teams get 2 or 3 "features" to alot of teams getting 0. Lets at least give all 120 teams 1 feature before giving more to the bigger teams. Thats just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

Any chance that South Carolina's Sir Big Spur was added? I love that little guy
Old 07-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
They were too busy giving our rival 3 or 4 of their traditions to even dream of giving Tech their Masked Rider or giving Reveille to Texas A&M.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

hookem10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
They were too busy giving our rival 3 or 4 of their traditions to even dream of giving Tech their Masked Rider or giving Reveille to Texas A&M.
Probably because neither Texas Tech or Texas A&M have a tradition worth mentioning with the big boys like Texas, Alabama, Florida, LSU, USC and OU.

A&M's Tradition: 1(one) National title in 1939, a fake army, a fond love of farm animals and the most delusional fan base in the entire country. Not to mention the fact that you're whole school exists to try and spite UT. A&M will always be little brother. I'll leave out the stats and final poll rankings.

Tech's Tradition: Ringing a bell, A person on a horse, a coach who think's he's a pirate who locks players in lockers and a devout history of putting players in the CFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »