Home

FCS Teams

This is a discussion on FCS Teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #17
Rookie

Swolecat's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FCS Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
I have a theory on why FCS teams aren't on the game...I don't think EA sports wants to go through the work of accuarately portraying the ratings of FCS teams and tweaking recruiting for them. That's not me taking a dig at EA, I just think the task is too much for them...look at how terrible FCS teams were on last gen...all the players were slow and couldn't catch, whereas in real life there are guys on the FCS level who are really good. I think it's too hard for them to make FCS teams decent but not better than FBS squads.

I do think it's time for EA to try...FCS teams are Div. I
Yeah, they didn't do much with accuracy on the ratings, it was just that all the teams were there. Altering rosters is at least something that can be changed by us ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Instead of putting them in the game, keep it as it is now, BUT PUT THE TEAMS ON TB AS DOWNLOADS. So that way, all of us that do want to use them, can. Then expand the TB replacement to 123, which is what it will be next year; FBS and FCS will each have 123 next year...
I know there are more teams now than a few years ago, and I am a huge ignoramus about the technical aspects, but that is my main question I guess... How did PS2 provide the capability to include 200+ teams, but PS3 is limited to 120? I know the PS3 version is trying to push to the very edge in other areas to get the very best performance, but wasn't PS2 doing the same thing at the time?
Old 07-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolecat
Yeah, they didn't do much with accuracy on the ratings, it was just that all the teams were there. Altering rosters is at least something that can be changed by us ourselves.

I know there are more teams now than a few years ago, and I am a huge ignoramus about the technical aspects, but that is my main question I guess... How did PS2 provide the capability to include 200+ teams, but PS3 is limited to 120? I know the PS3 version is trying to push to the very edge in other areas to get the very best performance, but wasn't PS2 doing the same thing at the time?
PS3 has tons of disk space. Blurays have 50 GB with dual layers. The 360 is still using good ol' DVD's so space is capped. Seems like a bunch of bull with their reasoning so I'm not sure how to take much of what they say on FCS and TB and all. TB definitely gives you a lot more freedom, but the 12 team cap is eh and then they only really gave some logos from last gen.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #19
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8

Imagine how deep the Coaching Carousel would be, if we had FCS teams in the game. EA Sports really needs to consider bringing back the FCS teams to the game. (That is unless they plan on making TeamBuilder better)
Old 07-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Having HBCU Schools would be great !
Old 07-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
This is a good question that I would also like to know the answer to. However, this was posted in the wrong forum and should be in the NCAA Football forum.

From, what I understand, EA's reasoning for not putting those teams in the PS3/X360 games is because TeamBuilder makes it unnecessary. However, there are several flaws in this logic.

1. FBS teams regularly play FCS teams during the regular season. With no FCS teams in the game, players are stuck playing one of 5 or 6 generic FCS teams that are generally worse ratingswise than real FCS teams would be. I for one would much rather play the real FCS team (Pitt. vs. UNH in NCAA 11 or Pitt vs. Maine in NCAA '12) than some generic FCS whatever team.

2. There are people, myself included, who would like to play FCS dynasties as a change of pace and the fact that only 12 TB teams can be uploaded into a dynasty makes this impossible. In the PS2 days I would often often create the Allegheny College Gators (my alma mater) and the rest of the D-III NCAC Conference and replace most of the FBS teams with the NCAC and FCS Conferences that were in the game and do an FCS-type dyansty with Allegheny. In my opinion, this enhances the replay value of the game by allowing play with 2 largely different team sets.
So can we add 12 TB teams and not have to replace other schools ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTeamHeat
So can we add 12 TB teams and not have to replace other schools ?
No, 12 is the max number of teams you can replace. Your dynasty is 120 teams, only and always.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #23
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
The art is probably the biggest impediment. The art assets for hd systems have to be done at roughly 10 times the resolution, so the individual files are probably 10x as big. Also, since the art has to be so much more detailed, it's a much bigger undertaking per team in terms of time and manpower. It's probably something that would take at least 2 dev cycles, and the cost probably wouldn't outweigh the benefit.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #24
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Why can't they add FCS teams to teambuilder the year progresses?
MLB: Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »