Home

Field Graphics after Conference Change

This is a discussion on Field Graphics after Conference Change within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

bostonchipster's Arena

OVR: 4
Field Graphics after Conference Change

Looked for this in the search, and didnt find an answer, but I am going to make the SWC again in NCAA 12. Willl SMU have their field graphic changed from C-USA to whatever conference I use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Field Graphics after Conference Change

Yes, this was in last year I believe.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

The logo changes on the field, however the CUSA logo WILL REMAIN on your jersey even if you move to a new conference.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
The logo changes on the field, however the CUSA logo WILL REMAIN on your jersey even if you move to a new conference.
That's true. However, you hardly ever see that logo. Only in close-up replays or screenshots.

I'm fairly certain however that other conference markings in the stadium, outside of the logo on the field remain unchanged.

For example, I noticed in the demo that FSU's goal posts have ACC written on them (and it's pretty visible) and I fully expect that not to change if I put them in the SEC.

Stadiums might also have the conference logo in other places as well. You pretty much have to decide whether this will bother you enough to take away the enjoyment you would get out of your modified conference alignments.

One way to look at it is to think that the team is only a football affiliate (think Temple in MAC or Hawaii in MWC starting next year) of its new conference and other sports played in that stadium are still part of the old conference (doesn't work for jerseys or goal posts but oh well...)
Old 07-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

My house rules for changing conferences will be that any team from the big east, pac 12 or wac either has to stay in that conference or be removed from dynasty all together and it's all because of those conf. patches. to me those conferences patches make it hardest for those teams to move because for me the other patches can pass for generic NCAA patches especially as mercalnd said you hardly ever see them up close enough to really tell what they say. again with the exception of those three conferences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Hmm. Didn't think about this. I'm being TCU in my OD, and we're moving them over after the first season, a la real life. Hopefully I don't notice a lot of things for their old conference, or I'll probably be annoyed for a season or two.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »