Home

I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

This is a discussion on I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #17
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

Im not trying to be critical but, is anybody going to actually watch an entrance more than once or twice??? The entrance thing, IMO, is only gimmick to attract newcomers. Next year I suppose their will be "authentic cheerleader gear" to which we will see threads about incorrect pom poms & hair bows!!! lol
Old 07-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #18
Rookie

CFTejada's Arena

OVR: 7

Does everyone really CARE that much about a Entrance in a video game? Press A or X & go right into the game, I can careless about the entrance it's not a big deal - give Great gameplay & I'm good.

Falcons
Braves
Bulldogs
Old 07-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
Im not trying to be critical but, is anybody going to actually watch an entrance more than once or twice??? The entrance thing, IMO, is only gimmick to attract newcomers. Next year I suppose their will be "authentic cheerleader gear" to which we will see threads about incorrect pom poms & hair bows!!! lol
Yea, I really think people are making a big deal about it. If you end up where you want in dynasty, you are going to see these entrances time after time after time. I doubt after the first dozen times you still sit through it. It's one thing seeing it for your real time, all of 6 or 7 times a year. It's another to see it a few hundred times on a video game.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Touche lol

It's something I never really messed with as I was always more concerned with the on-field action than anything.
Adding custom stadium sounds adds so much to the game. I cant imagine playing without it. Now EA expanded sounds slots from 50 to 200. I'll be using all 200.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I do not understand why people give EA a pass on all these things by saying "Its doesn't really matter anyways, just give me gameplay". I mean one of the best parts of college football is the pageantry of it all. If the entrances were actually done well and the pregame warm-up was good I highly doubt people would be skipping through them. People skip through them because EA puts very little effort into making it worthwhile.

I would love to play a game where the entrances were actually authentic and I if I had a big game coming up in my dynasty I would def watch the teams entrances to the stadiums if they were done well. The people who make these threads aren't just complaining just to complain but to hopefully show EA that we care about these things and want them in the game.

I know everyone always brings it up, but go play a game of MLB the show if you are truely a baseball guy there is no way you will skip through every cutscene and whatnot. We want more than just a game of football with no atmosphere hopefully one day EA will realize this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #22
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I am willing to bet Army got shanked even worse so, um, yeah, this isn't that big of a deal.

I feel like if I see 5 more of these threads I am going to make my own, just to get unique presentation for the Army-Navy Game. So count down starts at 5. Lets see if it can happen!
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
join the other 80 or so teams without their proper entrance.
More like 100+. Nearly every team with an actual entrance is still not right. Miami, Oklahoma, UNC,, VT. Every team that has a unique entrance in the game may get the general them or certain aspects right, but not the actual entrance itself.

Like OU being led by Boomer Sooner even though it comes out on the complete opposite side of the field in real life. Or UNC who comes out of an imaginary tunnel on the wrong side of the stadium. It's cool that EA is adding all the entrances, but if you're going to do them, get them right the first time. Look at Madden, all their entrances are pretty much exactly what you'd see on Sunday while in NCAA we just get an idea of what the entrance is, but not the actual entrance.

― Plato
Old 07-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #24
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
More like 100+. Nearly every team with an actual entrance is still not right. Miami, Oklahoma, UNC,, VT. Every team that has a unique entrance in the game may get the general them or certain aspects right, but not the actual entrance itself.

Like OU being led by Boomer Sooner even though it comes out on the complete opposite side of the field in real life. Or UNC who comes out of an imaginary tunnel on the wrong side of the stadium. It's cool that EA is adding all the entrances, but if you're going to do them, get them right the first time. Look at Madden, all their entrances are pretty much exactly what you'd see on Sunday while in NCAA we just get an idea of what the entrance is, but not the actual entrance.
All I'm gonna say to this is, could you imagine that many different cutscenes as well as the length of each one? While probably possible, it would be a manpower nightmare.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »