Home

Amazon Release day shipping

This is a discussion on Amazon Release day shipping within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #25
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Amazon Release day shipping

The last two games I got through Amazon actually arrived early! Age of Conan(I think it was) arrived like a week early and Red Dead Redemption arrived on Monday before it dropped to the stores the next day...I was really pleased. Come to think of it, Madden/NFL Head Coach was that in '08 or '09 was waiting at my door day of too...so they have quite a record!

If NCAA wasn't basically paid for through GameStop via store credits I would have bought it from Amazon again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

You will most likely get your game on release day unless there is some really bad weather at a shipping hub.

This year I pre-ordered from Amazon but last year I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart; the order from Wal-Mart came in a day early before the release date but you have to pay tax when getting it from Wallymart though.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #27
Rookie

gtyjrocks's Arena

OVR: 4

Alright I decided to preorder it. Release day shipping. Then I realized I'd be at camp release day. But oh well my brother can play it till I get back.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #28
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardmoment
I'm trying out Walmart release day shipping... we will see how that goes!

I've used them twice and Walmart worked well. I was thinking of using them again but Best Buy is having a B2G1 free on new games next week so i'll probally go that route.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 07-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
The last two games I got through Amazon actually arrived early! Age of Conan(I think it was) arrived like a week early and Red Dead Redemption arrived on Monday before it dropped to the stores the next day...I was really pleased. Come to think of it, Madden/NFL Head Coach was that in '08 or '09 was waiting at my door day of too...so they have quite a record!

If NCAA wasn't basically paid for through GameStop via store credits I would have bought it from Amazon again.
I've gotten quite a few games with Amazon release day and never ever gotten a game early, let alone a week, unless the release date was moved up a week. I could see the Monday in some cases, but don't get the OP's hope up that he'll get the game extra early.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:28 AM   #30
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1

Pre-ordered through Amazon too...my first time doing so. If it gets here a day early I'll be ecstatic.

I've never pre-ordered a game through Amazon, but I decided to now because I have Amazon Prime. I had a free trial through Amazon mom and liked the service so much I just bought a year of it. I ordered some heavy workout equipment, so it payed for itself in the first month haha. It's seriously an awesome service. If anyone on here is on the fence about Amazon prime...just get it. I'm thinking about taking advantage of their service where I can have coffee and stuff like that delivered once a month automatically.

I just wish they had something awesome for pre-orders other than that stupid email game guide. I was thinking of cancelling and pre-ordering through gamestop for the jerseys, but oh well.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

I never order my games to be delivered... ever...

I just go get them.

Plus, I'm up late always (3:40am right now), so I typically end up getting it at a midnight release and playing for a few hours before going to bed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I never order my games to be delivered... ever...

I just go get them.

Plus, I'm up late always (3:40am right now), so I typically end up getting it at a midnight release and playing for a few hours before going to bed.
And so what's the point in posting on a thread about the efficiency of Amazon release day shipping?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »