Home

PS3 or Xbox360?

This is a discussion on PS3 or Xbox360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaba134
Was a comparison shot ever put up of the demo on the two systems? I really want to see how significant the difference is myself but I don't own a 360 anymore.
Demo is not a good representation of the full game. We've seen retail footage of PS3 that looked fine. Sure, 360 looks better, but we aren't talking massive differences. It's still completely playable.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

I am in the process of buying a 360 250 gig right now, I bought a PS3 for the same reason (MLB The Show) a few years back, and I think that the football games are better on the 360. I am confident enough to spend close to $500 just to have it on 360.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #11
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I've got to admit, I tried it on the PS3 and 360 because of people saying the 360 version looked better but the field looked even more blurry to me. Of course it could be because I've got an HDMI cable for my PS3 and RCA for my 360.

When it comes to rosters, I have to go with the PS3 though. Luvtotha9s updates his weekly which they are amazing and Block-O does a great job as well.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I've got to admit, I tried it on the PS3 and 360 because of people saying the 360 version looked better but the field looked even more blurry to me. Of course it could be because I've got an HDMI cable for my PS3 and RCA for my 360.

When it comes to rosters, I have to go with the PS3 though. Luvtotha9s updates his weekly which they are amazing and Block-O does a great job as well.
In all due respect sir, that automatically nullifies the comparison.

An overwhelming majority with both systems experienced a much better looking demo on the 360, including myself. I typed till my fingers bled about this issue when the demo came out, and I am not gonna go into it again. Bottom line, the PS3 demo looks just fine, the 360 just looks better, straight up.

Regardless, AS STATED, the retail videos look fine on the PS3. Everyone should be happy.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #13
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

Is your 360 a newer one with HDMI, if so, just switch out the HDMI. Also I read that the PS3 retail version looks way better than it's demo. I'm also debating because the 360 looked better but I have a PS3 in both my living room and bedroom and it's easier to put music on it. Right now I just stream music to my 360 (meaning I have to have my laptop always turned on when playing). It will probably be a last moment decision.....if I like it enough, I will buy the other version when it goes down to $40 (Target always has an EA sale down the line).
Old 07-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have decided to go with the PS3 version this year. Stadium Sounds are the main reason. The PS3 is so much easier to add MP3 music to than the Xbox360..

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #15
Rookie

richiesbx137's Arena

OVR: 0

To me I prefer the PS3 it is must easier to put the sounds and the rosters and it is much easier but the 360 has its features as well and has better connection online (but this is just my opinion).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #16
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5
Smile Re: PS3 or Xbox360?

Just played both side by side hooked up via 1080p displays (HP 2509b and the Vizio 47xvtsv-tried each on both sets) and IMO they're not even close. The 360 is far and away better - I wanted to get the PS3 version this year - I normally like the sound processing on the PS3 more so (DTS) than the 360. The effects at night are completely different - at Texas statidum, you have the lights illuminating reflection off the stadium, beams of reflection eminating in the upper parts of the stadium lighting, there are multiple fans taking pictures, everything is anti-aliased MUCH BETTER - this is especially noticeble when looking at the numbers on the back of players and close-ups of the mesh on each players respective jerseys.

The PS3 has a VERY few fans taking pics, though the players and the field are more colorful on the PS3 - somewhat more cartoonish to a degree than the 360. I like the overall look on the 360 much better - you'll be happy with either version, though in the DEMO ONLY the 360 has a much more more smoother appearance and tends to have more detail sparsed throughout - the fans on the 360 look a little more higher resolution - for that matter, the 360 for whatever reason seems to be playing at a higher resoution than the PS3. The PS3 looks like an earlier build than the 360.

The differences are more noticeable when playing the night game with Oregon and Texas - daytime not as prominent. The PS3 oversaturates whites more so than the 360 in this game - played on the same input with the exact same settings. Don't fret PS3 fans, I like the gameplay of the PS3 better and the sound is much more clearer than the 360 - so it's not a one sided affair - when you consider the intangibles. If you only have a PS3 you are going to love this game.

Last edited by Philstat; 07-05-2011 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »