Home

The 3 major points IMO that will make NCAA Dynasty Outstanding

This is a discussion on The 3 major points IMO that will make NCAA Dynasty Outstanding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
The 3 major points IMO that will make NCAA Dynasty Outstanding

....are all fundamental aspects of winning football.

1. Recruit Talented players.
2. Don't Turn the Ball over.
3. Run the Football.

If the CPU can effectively do all 3, then Dynasty will be an absolute blast in my honest opinion.

#1 "Recruit Talent"-Everyone who was in an long term Dynasty or Online Dynasty in NCAA 11 saw the train wreck that was the CPU recruiting logic. By year 8 or so of the Legends league, 95% of the CPU controlled teams were utter garbage talent wise. There would be 10 Quarterbacks on the roster while there were only 4 scholarship Defensive linemen. It's this kind of brain dead recruiting that caused CPU controlled teams to deteriorate into D+ rated disasters.

If the CPU recruiting logic is fixed long term...that is a huge component to Dynasty challenge.

#2 "Don't Turn the Ball Over"-Much like the recruiting, it was all too common to have your defense get at least one defensive touchdown each game. I lost count of how many pick sixes and fumbles I returned to the house in a game.

Several times, even when the CPU was actually playing fairly well..their momentum and a 24-17 game would quickly turn into a 41-17 blowout after the CPU fumbled 4 times in a row or threw 3 picks, etc. If the CPU is able to sustain drives and not have a devastating turnover (or five) for a touchdown, this will greatly help the CPU be competitive.

#3 "Run the Football"-For the most part in NCAA 11, the only way to make the CPU run well was to severely hamper your own Defense's ability to tackle. The CPU made horrible decisions on the ground and would get the majority of their long gains after breaking 10 tackles or spinning out of a 5 man gang tackle "pro tak" style.

If the CPU can actually make good cuts, find daylight, and run to it, it would be a game changer. The CPU would actually be a 2 dimensional threat, Human players wouldn't be able to just pin their ears back and kill the QB, and turnovers via pick sixes would be greatly diminished.

So far...from the demo....#2 and #3 have been GREATLY improved. So much so that I'm more excited for NCAA than I ever have been. A few slider tweaks on either AA or Heisman and I think the Legends OD will be outstanding. Assuming #1 is taken care of as well, this could truly be the first time in...well...ever....that CPU controlled teams pose a legitimate threat to Human controlled squads long term in dynasty play.

Last edited by AuburnAlumni; 07-05-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The 3 major points IMO that will make NCAA Dynasty Outstanding

i agree. the cpu being competitive is integral.

unfortunately it looks like #3 will be a problem out of the shotgun. so unless this can some how be "patched" i'd look for a lot of those run spread teams (oregon, auburn, etc.) to air it out more than usual when their inability to run the ball becomes apparent. deflates some of that optimism on #3... =\

not to be pessimistic, just realistic.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I thought the CPU managed to run out of the shotgun just fine. Sure, it might still need some work, but it is drastically improved last year.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I thought the CPU managed to run out of the shotgun just fine. Sure, it might still need some work, but it is drastically improved last year.
Agreed. On both Heisman and AA, I've had the CPU consistently run very well out of shotgun. The CPU's ability to find holes and run to daylight is light years ahead of previous versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »