Home

Deep Zones getting burned

This is a discussion on Deep Zones getting burned within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Deep Zones getting burned

I have noticed that if a player (user or CPU) runs any type of deep route (further than like 20yds), then the Deep Zone players stop covering them (because they are out of their zone).

This has led to MANY wide open recievers and deep zone defenders covering nobody.

This has happened both for me and against me.

Am i missin something (a type of tuner or play style).....or is this something that can be fixed?

I am looking forward to using more zone this year, but not at the risk of leaving guys wide open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

Re: Deep Zones getting burned

I've also seen that in a few vids posted so far. Wide open deep man and the safety hanging out in the open. I think you are right in saying its because the player is out of the zone area of the defender...

It should be easy to fix with a tuner though, you need to extend the zone bubble back an extra 10 yards for corners & safeties.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I've seen this in a demo, it usually results in a TD. The DB just ignores the receiver and keeps running 20 yards down the field.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Rookie

I hope they can tweak the logic of realistic football where the deep zones will take on the deepest man in their zone.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

This will make online games unplayable... Oh well, I dont play online until late in the year anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

It's bizarre. Early in games (at least in the demo), the defense can play the deep ball pretty well.

But, something is very wrong with come from behind logic. The game wants to artificially create a spectacular game and what ends up happening is scoring becomes ridiculously easy. WRs just blow by defenders.

In the demo I'm Texas. Playing like crap. Threw a pick six. Went 3 and out. Gave up a long run for a TD. I throw another pick and Oregon quickly scores. I'm down 21-0. It's in the 3rd qtr. 2 minute qtrs mind you. I proceed to go 1 play bomb TD. Onside recover. 1 play bomb TD. Onside recover. 1 play bomb TD. RIDICULOUS. I didn't even have to use timeouts. Oregon recovers onsides kick this time. Oregon runs 3 plays. I use my timeouts. Get the ball back. 1 play bomb TD. On one side of the field is one of the best corners in the nation. On the other side one of the best safeties. They completely went stupid and couldn't/wouldn't cover. I score 28 points in less than 4 minutes. I win 28-21 and it was the worst game of my life. TOTAL NONSENSE.

I tried to run those same plays to begin my next game as a test and the defense played the deep ball very well. I think the game goes off the rails to try to get a greatest game score or something. I will be highly upset if this remains true in the retail version.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

I swear, it's always something with this game. I was interested to see what major flaws we would find come July 13-14th. It seems like we might have found one already. Hopefully this can get fixed asap.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, I guess I am the only person who has not seen this?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »